• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Colchester United matchday thread

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
This has the makings of a thriller which probably means it will finish 0-0 :)
Come on city lets keep this excellent run going - UTC [ecfc]

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
This has the makings of a thriller which probably means it will finish 0-0 :)
:) Just what I was thinking.

A win today may not move us up the table, with both Barnet and Cambridge having winnable home games, but it will bring the play-offs places ever closer, particularly as Luton play Wycombe. A defeat could easily see us drop a couple of places - and lose the Big Mo. Come on City!

Red Bill

It's a chilly 3c. The temperature didn't dip below zero last night, but it looks as if today will be a complete contrast to yesterday in Exeter. It was brilliantly sunny, chilly, but with low oblique sunshine. Well, today ain't going to be anything like that! It's 100% grey cloud cover with a chilly NE wind. That will probably keep the cloud cover here all day. It'll be cold to start with and then get colder after the sunset (which you probably won't be able to see anyway), so wrap up warmly.
Really looking forward to the game, and as I'm meeting up with a couple of friends for lunch there won't be a 13:00 update.
I may have good news then Dave if the wind is coming from the NE, because here in Bristol it's beautifully sunny and clear again so maybe the wind will blow the weather down the M5 with us!

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Looking forward to this one and some fresh air. Probably in the Big Bank today as I am going with a friend who likes to save the pennies :)

Hoping the good run of form continues and we creep a bit closer to them play off slots.

Bad vibes though with no luncheon meteo update from Doctor Dave today. :(

UTC

rustle

We usually do well against teams at the upper end of the league so expecting another glorious win today. Should be an exciting match, looking forward to home games again (at last).

Well-known Exeweb poster
not saying that i dont want a win, that goes without saying , but if offered a draw b4 hand tbh i'de take it.

Saint James

not saying that i dont want a win, that goes without saying , but if offered a draw b4 hand tbh i'de take it.
Bleeding heck bondy take a draw against Colchester? Hardly Chelsea son we is up against! Raise your expectations the boys will deliver and get out from behind the sofa we have Nothing to fear except fear itself

Last edited:

ECFC89

We usually do well against teams at the upper end of the league so expecting another glorious win today. Should be an exciting match, looking forward to home games again (at last).
Fatcually incorrect this season.

I believe every fan thinks this about their team.

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bleeding heck bondy take a draw against Colchester? Hardly Chelsea son we is up against! Raise your expectations the boys will deliver and get out from behind the sofa we have Nothing to fear except fear itself
yeah i know what u mean ,, but they're an ex div 1 team on a decent run of form un beaten for 9, and on the way beating some half competative teams , notably carlisle 4-1 making them arguably , next to us the form team of the div,, as i said i want a win as always , but if offered b4 i'de settle for a point

iscalad

Still overcast at Polsloe Bridge. Brightened up ever so slightly in the past hour.

Last edited: