• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City V Colchester Utd Matchday Thread

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Another view of Zanzala's goal.
Clever move.

http://instagr.am/p/CcYnXQRqzGo/

Memphis09

I don’t understand that. There are loads of empty seats in the stanno stand - how was it sold out? Have those fans just not turned up? Bizarre.
Yes agree and the away end was no where near full could of easily taken over another 100

lamrobhero

Perhaps they turned up at 1500.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Highlights

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
The 360 is already available

lamrobhero

Hopefully Alex "The Libero" Hartridge will recover quickly. Having already added dribbling and passing in the vicinity of the opponents penalty area, he had started beating people with the ball before presumably he was going to progress to shooting. A "Total Footballer" for our age.

Exappa

Another view of Zanzala's goal.
Clever move.

http://instagr.am/p/CcYnXQRqzGo/
Great angle, camerawork etc, really enjoyed that, thanks Spoonz 😀

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps they turned up at 1500.
I know someone that thought it was
Perhaps there won't be a podcast out on Tuesday, or if so could be hilarious

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really comfortable game, which perhaps didn't help us at times as this squad thrives off pressure and competitiveness. MotM a really difficult selection. Zanzala probably had his best performance in a city shirt, Key back to the form that brought the interest in him, Stubbs an absolute rock yet again, but for me, I think Collins deserves it. Great cross for the second, and dictated the tempo of the game from the middle of the pitch.
I think our resilience and competitiveness were really on display in January and February, for example against Harrogate and away at Swindon. Now we just look like a team who are absolutely in the zone and relentlessly churning out the results. The defence are so on their game it feels like the worst we can expect is a 0-0 and that is really giving the rest of the team a platform to express themselves. Of course, it would be nice if we were a bit more clinical in front of goal but some of our passing and movement in the last couple of games has been quite sensastional - the extended highlights of yesterday are pretty much a highlights reel of Sweeney having the time of his life and playing perfect pass after perfect pass.

Squeezebox

Great angle, camerawork etc, really enjoyed that, thanks Spoonz 😀
Also love the way that Podge, (even as sub), gets involved in the celebrations! Top bloke!