• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Shrewsbury Matchday Thread 28th Nov 2023. k.o. 7:45 and 9:45.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Post match interview with Gary on the BBC

And in the last minute he plays the 'we can't afford to compete at this level' card. What's the point in bringing in a manager who believes this?

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Really doesn't matter what his name is in case club ban him for such adacity but club acting like we are behind Iron Curtain is worrying for a supposed FAN OWNED CLUB !
I agree. The apparent attempt to clamp down on the peaceful expression of legitimate concern is deeply concerning.

Alistair20000

FAO @Ash

If you are a Trust member please consider emailing Nick Hawker to see if the Trust supports the treatment you received last night.

JGrecian23

A word on him actually - a lot of talk about how the dressing room has not been lost but Jack was arguing with everyone - at one point telling Díabate to “just f*<kin move”, giving verbals back to Jules and having a go at Yanic too

Not a happy bunny
Aitchison shouldn't have the right to slate anyone. He looks like Gavin out of Gavin and Stacey and plays football like him. He's better off shutting up and hoping no one else other than me notices how terrible he is.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
FAO @Ash

If you are a Trust member please consider emailing Nick Hawker to see if the Trust supports the treatment you received last night.
Such treatment is awful and niaw Trust principles

suffolklad

And in the last minute he plays the 'we can't afford to compete at this level' card. What's the point in bringing in a manager who believes this?
But that is not what he said is it. His statement was that our budget is less than most at LGE1 So consequently it's more difficult, i don't see it as an excuse but fact.
If anybody thinks that sacking him (huge cost) and bringing in someone else ( always assuming that they are better cus you don't know) will improve the situation is deluding themselves.
He's got the rest of the season whether you like it or not. So you might as well get a grip and support the team, talk of boycotts is just pathetic.

Sits back and waits for the abuse

manc grecian

But that is not what he said is it. His statement was that our budget is less than most at LGE1 So consequently it's more difficult, i don't see it as an excuse but fact.
If anybody thinks that sacking him (huge cost) and bringing in someone else ( always assuming that they are better cus you don't know) will improve the situation is deluding themselves.
He's got the rest of the season whether you like it or not. So you might as well get a grip and support the team, talk of boycotts is just pathetic.

Sits back and waits for the abuse
Fans are supporting the team and we could put you in charge and probably be no worse off. We are that bad.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
It didn’t feel like a 5k crowd….i assume the season ticket numbers was included
They always are. It filled out suddenly in the last 10 minutes.

JGrecian23

You try and compete with Cheltenham, Burton, Cambridge, Northampton, Stevenage, Port Vale, Fleetwood, Carlisle, Orient, Shrewsbury etc. These are massive clubs and I pinch myself everyday that we get to compete with such giants of the footballing world.

AViewFromTheBank

Exactly this. He wasn't moaning about our budget, or lack of it, he was reminding the fanbase of the fact that, compared to the majority of the league, our budget is low and with that, expectations should remain realistic.

I do however fully agree we should be doing better in the league, there are some very poor teams in L1 this season, thank goodness. But still, the point he made is a valid one.