• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Shrewsbury Town. Matchday Thread.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's about time I did another matchday thread. UTC!

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
We need a win tonight. Need to get back on track and significantly improve our home record.

Unfortunately due to other commitments I won't be listening or watching so BBC sport updates for me

Ex-ciderrr

Again need a win tonight really after the last 2 games and also for that home record that’s increasingly becoming a problem game by game at SJP, Like all I don’t want it to continue but feel more it does the more it will creep into our players minds and effect them, especially some younger ones.

That said Shrewsbury are in excellent form atm and will head here full of confidence, Will be on us from the off and I expect them to cause us some problems.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bad vibes. 1-3 Shrewsbury with a poor performance. The Caldwell out brigade turn it up a notch. The Caldwell in brigade (inc me) remain silent.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
What’s the betting big Ryan will pop up and score their winner in added time?
Need a win here badly I think and also to prove we can manage without our former talisman Jevani which we don’t seem able to at the moment.
Still think we’ll lose unfortunately , we seem to bet getting into a rut especially at home.
Out this evening , but hope to find my pessimism unfounded when I turn on the results at eleven.🥳

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
Caldwell needs a home win
Or MJP is going to booooooooooooooooo

Ex-ciderrr

Bad vibes. 1-3 Shrewsbury with a poor performance. The Caldwell out brigade turn it up a notch. The Caldwell in brigade (inc me) remain silent.
I will be remaining silent too, don’t get the GC out brigade, we’re in league 1 punching abit tbf, but take the rough with the smooth and all that we’ve been in far worse situs, and for us our league position isn’t bad :LOL:

Hopefully win this evening and shut a few up, looking forward to getting down to SJP.

UTC

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
What are we thinking the attendance will be tonight? Not seen any social media posts saying we are close to selling out - could be our lowest crowd for a while with it being Valentines Day and the fact we haven't won at home in a long time.

tom_ecfc

Will it be blowing kisses or a blow out come 21:45?

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Need something from tonight to steady the ship - 1-1 Collins for us and of course Bowman for them

UTC