• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Shrewsbury Town. Matchday Thread.

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
It was a back 4. Featuring neither of the two right backs we have because we played a central midfielder there. Keys best moment came when attacking from deep. He's clueless playing in a front 3 so stop doing it!

arthur

Was a back 3 for me

Looked like a back 3 to me
Kite Aimson Hartridge Grounds

Key Collins MacDonald White Mitchell

Stanno

StudentGrecian

What a stupid post. If we’d taken our chances we would have won by a country mile. According to the stats they had 10 shots to our nine and we had three on target to their one.
To be fair their XG was way above ours if you want to use stats, but that was mainly because of their sitter! It’s about the quality of the chances, not the number of them and both sides were poor on that front.

Pmc grecian

If that's Caldwells style of play then I've seen enough already. Slow, no tempo passing it for passing sake. Any half decent team is back in shape as we go sideways and back.

Nombe not getting on until 81st minute. Key playing 4 separate positions in one game. Bringing on two subs with a minute left.

The while approach is bereft of any aggression and is extremely boring and predictable to watch.
All Gary Caldwell signings were our best players by far

manc grecian

All Gary Caldwell signings were our best players by far
Nice one

Positive spin

How did Key get MoM - were they looking at videos 2 years ago!
Hartridge was my MOM
Didn’t put a foot wrong in the centre (not on the left) of the defence

CraigECFC

Only half watched as I was busy but don’t think it was how Gary set up that made it dull but more so how Shrewsbury did. They say deep with two solid banks and were hard to break down. This just heightened the fact that we are really lacking creativity and aggressiveness in the final third. Granted there was some poor deliveries throughout, but Mitchell put in some fantastic crosses and no one seemed willing to attack them.

Grecian89

Hartridge was my MOM
Didn’t put a foot wrong in the centre (not on the left) of the defence
I thought Aimson was good too. Defended well and can pass the ball.

supernova

Only half watched as I was busy but don’t think it was how Gary set up that made it dull but more so how Shrewsbury did. They say deep with two solid banks and were hard to break down. This just heightened the fact that we are really lacking creativity and aggressiveness in the final third. Granted there was some poor deliveries throughout, but Mitchell put in some fantastic crosses and no one seemed willing to attack them.
Stanno is scared of the goal from what I saw tonight

What a shame to see and hear one or two 'fans' abusing Archie as he came over to the Stanno stand to see and collect a card from a fan at the end.

Idiots with very short memories.