• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Shrewsbury Town. Matchday Thread.

dontpassback

Should have stayed in the parish & married a St Thomasite !
UTC
To be fair ,she was living in st thomas when I married her,but her early years were in whitleigh and crownhill,and every now and again the janner negative ideas surface,but we have been married for 43 years in March so it has worked out pretty well😀😀

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
The senior players were let down badly by 'our own' tonight, well three of them anyway. Stanno, working hard gets you a few brownie points just like it did for your Ol' Man but at some point you have to start hitting the back of the net. To be fair to you, the kind of service you need was bereft to say the very least. Archie Collins, poor against Charlton even bloody worse tonight. Couldn't pass wind in a baked bean factory, shirked responsibility. Sort yourself out lad. Worst of all, Josh Key. Couldn't trap a bag of cement, when he did get the ball he'd lose almost immeadiately and managed to make Jake Caprice's nondescript cameo role look dynamic. God only knows why Sunderland wanted to part with a million quid for you, carry on playing like that we'd have to pay them more than double that for them to take you.
Will Aimson made MJP's comments on him look even more laughable than they already were. If he doesn't come back with a tray full of humble pies, his Exeweb membership should be revoked and his keyboard thrown away for ever.

Grecian Max

That's awful. Archie deserves significantly better than that.
Also completely bizarre, why would someone abuse Archie after that? Makes no sense. Not saying it didn't happen, I don't get it - much like the boos after we drew against a decent team whilst sitting in mid table in League 1.

Red Devon

Competitive hard fought game with a draw probably a fair result

dontpassback

Thought macdonald looked every inch the quality player the Fulham fans said he was,that free kick from Collins was an embarrassment,and if josh key could pass the ball at the right time,it would help.we never looked like losing tonight,but we lacked the cutting edge to win it !

Mid Devon Grecian

That's awful. Archie deserves significantly better than that.
True, the lad’s had a couple of meh home performances but overall he’s a positive contributor and still developing.

grecIAN Harris

I enjoyed the game and thought we played well. Shrewsbury are a good side in very good form and we're really well organised and difficult to break down. They had some good chances but we generally dictated play.

I thought we should of had a penalty for a pull on stanno in the box. Anywhere else on the pitch and the ref gives a free kick so it should have been a pen.

Aimson and Grounds both played well. Overall I'm not concerned, I like what I saw.
I'm not sure about a penalty for Stanno but Scott should have had one in the second half. Yes, he was trying buy it but the Shrewsbury defender bought his slowing down hook, line and sinker and shoved him over but then that ref was never going to give us anything as he didn't all night.

arthur

In other news, we nearly scored from a corner. :LOL: Their keeper made what looked like a fantastic save

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Took my little boy for the first ever time this evening and sat in the stagecoach stand , £42 I will never see again 😂 but he loved it so it was worth it.

Was impressed with the stagecoach stand the facilities and it was perfect for him 👍

grecIAN Harris

In other news, we nearly scored from a corner. :LOL: Their keeper made what looked like a fantastic save
That's the one thing you can say about tonight. Our keeper had bugger all to do all night whilst theirs had to make a decent save in the first half from McDonald and aforementioned brilliant save from Hartridge (???, wasn't sure who it was at the time).