• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City v Sutton United Matchday Thread

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
As is so often the case with sport it really was fine margins on Saturday. IF Wilson's shot had been an inch lower it would have bounced down behind the line, IF Ray's goalline clearance had been 6 inches either side they would have scored. Nombe's first goal was a massive stroke of luck. I'm not sure what he was actually trying to do. The right decision would have been a cut back to Brown on the penalty spot.

IF Sutton had gone ahead they would have fully deserved that lead. Our first did feel somewhat against the run of play. I do agree we dominated the last 20 minutes, and I'm not sure Sutton had a sniff once we were ahead.
I would rather win with goals late on than early on, as a supporter you leave the ground buzzing.

Sutton obviously have a problem with their finishing, once they click they will score shedloads as they are creating the chances but until then they will walk away rueing their missed opportunities. be thankful we played them before then. If's and but's and maybe's count for nothing

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Exeweb sponsored George Ray's stats from Saturday

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good win but by all accounts we rode our luck, I'm sure there will be game this season where we dominate but come away with nothing.

On a separate note, the club media keep referring to Owura Edwards as 'Edwards Owura Edwards'. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I don't know why they think this is his name?

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good win but by all accounts we rode our luck, I'm sure there will be game this season where we dominate but come away with nothing.

On a separate note, the club media keep referring to Owura Edwards as 'Edwards Owura Edwards'. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I don't know why they think this is his name?
I thought they refer to him as Owura Edwards Owura https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/josh-coley-owura-edwards-owura-5931934 and I was wondering the same.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I thought they refer to him as Owura Edwards Owura https://www.devonlive.com/sport/football/football-news/josh-coley-owura-edwards-owura-5931934 and I was wondering the same.
That's what I thought too, but IIRC there was an incident in commentary on Saturday when he became Edwards Owura-Edwards!

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
"The name is Bond James Bond"

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's what I thought too, but IIRC there was an incident in commentary on Saturday when he became Edwards Owura-Edwards!
I was watching the U23's game against Wolves and the commentator (Jed Penberthy?) was constantly calling him Edwards Owura-Edwards, I felt a bit for him as a it's a bit of a tongue twister and I can't see any evidence of this even being his name!

DawlishBouy

I was watching the U23's game against Wolves and the commentator (Jed Penberthy?) was constantly calling him Edwards Owura-Edwards, I felt a bit for him as a it's a bit of a tongue twister and I can't see any evidence of this even being his name!
For some reason he wants to be called Owura Edwards-Owura. His brother at FGR is called Opanin Edwards.
Official EFL squad lists show his full name as Owura Nsiah Edwards-Owura:

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sir Robert of Edwards was so much easier 🤣