• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City versus Oxford United matchday thread

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Blackman had a worse game than the last bad game. He was at fault in some way with all four Oxford goals. Letting half hit shots go past him, and into the corner of the net, and that fourth goal where he was beaten from a ridiculous angle. Sorry, theres a reason emerging now as to why he moves from club to club. Time for us to move him on. Let Lee have a go, hes been waiting in the wings long enough. Blackman might look like a regular David James, but appearance is where the similarity ends.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would have gone for Archie as MJ played only a bit of the game.

Now for the really big question of the day.

Did you slide away for a few minutes at 16:00 to watch Baaeed in the Champion Stakes as you did in 2012 for the mighty Frankel ? :)
Although Archie was at fault for conceding the free kick from which they scored their first goal.

In answer to your question, no. I’d have liked Baaeed to have won, but he hasn’t captured my heart like Frankel did. On a positive note, I know Richard Kingscote vaguely and was chuffed to bits to see him land another big race - IMHO, he’s as good as pretty much anyone.

PS You have a much better memory than me. I can well imagine I might have slid away for a few minutes to watch Frankel’s swansong but have absolutely no recollection of doing so.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's quite a bit of whataboutery with your posts Egg. Regardless of squad excuses we were completely at sea today - and I think the problem lay in midfield not defence.
I’ve said elsewhere I wasn’t convinced the players were getting the leadership they needed from the bench today. And I’ve also made clear Kev wouldn’t be my choice for the job. At the same time, I don’t think he should be judged too harshly on a game where we were quite so short of personnel, especially in the centre of defence.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’ve said elsewhere I wasn’t convinced the players were getting the leadership they needed from the bench today. And I’ve also made clear Kev wouldn’t be my choice for the job. At the same time, I don’t think he should be judged too harshly on a game where we were quite so short of personnel, especially in the centre of defence.
Exactly the words “poisoned chalice” come to mind.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
You're joking right? Floods of people left leaving big noticeable gaps in the bank. If 50 left it wouldn't be noticeable. My guess would be 500+. Pathetic.
I was in the bank. No-one around me left. Not one person.

iscalad

I was in the bank. No-one around me left. Not one person.
Plenty did though, and some in the Selco left as well.

grecIAN Harris

As Dommers says, above.
But he isn't actually a centre back and, as he has shown, has very little aptitude of being one.

gilbertshoot

Blackman had a worse game than the last bad game. He was at fault in some way with all four Oxford goals. Letting half hit shots go past him, and into the corner of the net, and that fourth goal where he was beaten from a ridiculous angle. Sorry, theres a reason emerging now as to why he moves from club to club. Time for us to move him on. Let Lee have a go, hes been waiting in the wings long enough. Blackman might look like a regular David James, but appearance is where the similarity ends.
Oh, Christ.

Alistair20000

Although Archie was at fault for conceding the free kick from which they scored their first goal.

In answer to your question, no. I’d have liked Baaeed to have won, but he hasn’t captured my heart like Frankel did. On a positive note, I know Richard Kingscote vaguely and was chuffed to bits to see him land another big race - IMHO, he’s as good as pretty much anyone.

PS You have a much better memory than me. I can well imagine I might have slid away for a few minutes to watch Frankel’s swansong but have absolutely no recollection of doing so.
Yes Archie did concede the free kick but the wall was abysmal in defending it. Apart from that I thought he was our best player. Matt Jay good when he came on which tied in with with the only period in the game when we were any good.

P.S. You told me in 2012 that you would be watching Frankel on his swansong.

Well-known Exeweb poster
It took us .ten years to get out of div 2 ... And here we are going into matches without enough players.. ITS FU##ING RIDICULOUS.... Sorry but were getting full.. ish houses every home game.. and supposedly we're in a position we don't have to sell players to survive well the team/squad needs investment..2 or 3 players need to be brought in, and it needs doing SOONER rather than later, it's a totally false economy not to invest.... the higher future transfer fees our youngsters will fetch having played in div1 , alone, will cover the extra investment.. as the last 2 results have shown this division punishes weakness and atm were weak.. and it needs to be addressed.