• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Cambridge Utd - Discussion and prediction thread

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bring it on ! Are you expecting Gloucestershire Old Spots winging it over SJP rather than pesky gulls "dropping messages of love" on the seats then Al ? :cool:
Sadly I shall be missing the SJP scene this Saturday Mr Ballz so I will be unable to report back whether the Club has cleaned up the gull sh!te prior to play as I am assured will be the case.

Love some Gloucestershire Old Spot me. One of the tastiest breeds of our trottered friends. (y)

STURTZ

How dare you? One of those gulls could be Dido, no wonder we can't win anymore!

Banksy

Bleddy hate shirt tugging me :mad: even though Sweenz is a skilled practitioner of the dark art and I bleddy love Sweenz. :)

Several years ago a Premiership ref had a go at stamping out shirt tugging. It might have been Steve Tanner. Sadly MOTD commentators failed to support him saying its all part and parcel of the game and tolerances need to be allowed for it. Blah blah. Might have been Shearer among them.

I also detest the holding, mauling and pushing and shoving at corners and set pieces. :mad:
I wonder what proportion of the game ( which punters have paid good money to watch ) is made up of that sort of crap. And the seemingly endless time it takes to organise free kicks and the like these days.Yawn , probably when you take all that out you’re left with half a game too whether time’s added on or not. Still , as they say , I guess that’s entertainment.

Banksy

How dare you? One of those gulls could be Dido, no wonder we can't win anymore!
Dido would seemingly have a better chance of scoring.B001B287-BE9A-4585-B771-68D82D8030B6.jpeg

Last edited:

Ex-ciderrr

Well here we are again, we need a win this weekend! I feel its a big game for us, im not too fussed how we win, (1-0 off stannos backside will do) but we need to.

As ever no easy games in League 1 Cambridge struggling this season and will be fighting for their lives to stay in the division.

Despite everything atm (home record, form etc) we need to really get behind GC and the lads from the off Saturday and start the game right, the atmosphere has been drab to say the least at games (understandably, dont get me wrong) of late just so Cambridge dont get too settled and also so there isnt that negativity and anxiety within our players (which i think now is creeping in to them) about playing at home.

I cant see it being a high scoring affair but i do think we will win and hopefully allow this to be the start of a little run where we can collect some vital points before we all dread that month of April.

Come on City.

Avening Posse

Really ought to win this one. Not convinced we will though.

SimonBB

I might be missing something but Key did play RM/RW against Shrewsbury and had a bit of a shocker.
You missed him come on at RWB at Vale and us starting to look better even with 10 men?
Get him and Mitchell at wing backs and at least we have a fighting chance of a player beating a man and attacking the box

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think we will win this Saturday, 1-0, Stanno will finally break his Caldwell duck. I think the game will be turgid affair, but we will scramble through (I am unsure if I am putting heart ahead of head at the moment). We cannot lose to another dreadful side again. Can we?

contrabombarde

Dido would seemingly have a better chance of scoring.View attachment 11042
Let's hope my avatar will help!

berniesworld

At least four changes

No shots on target

Concede a late goal

Team booed off

I do hope I’m wrong…………