• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Fleetwood Town match day thread

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is probably the stupidest thing I've heard all day.

If a player isn't playing well you give him the opportunity to improve, and if they don't they are benched.

Case in point - Matt Jay.
You obviously haven’t been reading your own posts if mine was the stupidest - Brown IS performing. It might not be to his usual standards but it’s still at least as good as the majority of the team.

S1mg1bb0

Antony Moxey

Erm, not sure it did.
Erm, I am.

grecIAN Harris

Grecianpasty

You obviously haven’t been reading your own posts if mine was the stupidest - Brown IS performing. It might not be to his usual standards but it’s still at least as good as the majority of the team.
Nonsense. Brown was anonymous against Oxford. It would be completely ignorant to expect that any Exeter City player is indispensable.

Ironically, I remember the last time an exeweb poster commented on a football fan being an idiot was for believing we would be signing Jay Stansfield 🤣

You carry on making your through away statements though Anthony.

@Egg my point regarding MJ was that he was regarded as our best player, and then was dropped. And rightly so.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

KentGrecian

Oh dear. Obviously don't know the context or what happened but it is bad to see our players getting into nightime scraps!

Cowshed Grecian

Josh key was doing this every game in the season when he first came through, during lockdown etc. Good to see

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Nonsense. Brown was anonymous against Oxford. It would be completely ignorant to expect that any Exeter City player is indispensable.

Ironically, I remember the last time an exeweb poster commented on a football fan being an idiot was for believing we would be signing Jay Stansfield 🤣

You carry on making your through away statements though Anthony.

@Egg my point regarding MJ was that he was regarded as our best player, and then was dropped. And rightly so.
Oh, so you're going to bench him after one bad game, that all the 10 others that were on the pitch were also sh1te? We'd be playing the kids on that basis. :ROFLMAO:

Champion.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh, so you're going to bench him after one bad game, that all the 10 others that were on the pitch were also sh1te?

Champion.
In fairness we did almost do that against Forest Green in the following game (I know it was Pizza Trophy).