• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Ipswich Town match day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
FT 0-2, fair result

Someone else can start the matchday thread next week

chunkymorrinmunter

That’s it for me, we’ve tried hard, we’ve just been beaten by a side who are better than us in most, if not all, positions.

Oh well, we can concentrate on the cup next week 👍
Or the devon bowl

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Too many mistakes again,poor passing and no momentum going forward from a team that was supposed to be playing at home.City's worst performance so far under Caldwelll.Ultimately it was a bad mistake to play 3 in centre midfield.Doesnt suit the players we have and only needs to be used when we are getting over run.

suffolklad

Too many mistakes again,poor passing and no momentum going forward from a team that was supposed to be playing at home.City's worst performance so far under Caldwelll.Ultimately it was a bad mistake to play 3 in centre midfield.Doesnt suit the players we have and only needs to be used when we are getting over run.
Played 5 in midfield and still got overrun!

LDNGrecian

I think we got pretty overrun today with 3 in midfield.

cannockred

Ipswich the better side but ref missed a defo pen for the same sort of foul that he booked sparks for🤔.

And what's this sky sports love in for Ipswich?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
That’s it for me, we’ve tried hard, we’ve just been beaten by a side who are better than us in most, if not all, positions.

Oh well, we can concentrate on the cup next week 👍
You could argue that maybe we were a bit naive to try and outplay Ipswich with our passing game but they were such a big, strong team that it's unlikely any different approach would have had more success.

fred binneys head

You could argue that maybe we were a bit naive to try and outplay Ipswich with our passing game but they were such a big, strong team that it's unlikely any different approach would have had more success.
I agree, we had to play our game, we just weren’t good enough to beat a very strong team. No disgrace in that. Good to see Cheick back, I just hope Josh isn’t badly injured.

Bring on the Oxford.

fred binneys head

Ipswich the better side but ref missed a defo pen for the same sort of foul that he booked sparks for🤔.

And what's this sky sports love in for Ipswich?
I didn’t think they had a love-in, we had far more attention before the game.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Played 5 in midfield and still got overrun!
We played 3 in centre midfield.The two wingbacks were completely detached from everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.