• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Ipswich Town match day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why are we discussing Oxford City Vs Parkway on the Ipswich match day thread?
Just as well you're not modding the Tractor -Boys matchday thread....

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wasn't at today's game so it's entirely conceivable I'm over-simplifying things. However, when you're conceding a lot of goals, as we have been for some time now, and, therefore, needing to score more to win, it seems a little strange to leave your chief goal threat on the bench.

Furthermore, while it was, ultimately, a superb win against Peterborough last week, it seemed fairly apparent to me that Jevani's strength isn't playing up front on his own. I love Stano, and it's probably akin to sacrilege to say this, but if anyone is gonna drop out of the front three then, for me, it has to be him. That said, I do wonder if we got the loan deal with Fulham over the line by committing to start Jay as long as he's fit.

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
All a bit after the Lord Mayor's show. Neither the team nor the home support really appeared up for it, all seemed strangely lacklustre considering the illustrious oppo. Perhaps it was the early KO or still hungover from the Posh.

Tractor bauys were impressive, on and off the pitch - great support travelling across the country for a midday start. Agree with a lot of the comments already made, Ipswich were far sharper than us on the day, fully deserved their win. Time to regroup and be up for the Cup.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wasn't able to watch online today because of kick off time but just read through this thread and gives a nice overall balanced picture. I did see about ten minutes just before the second goal and we looked like passengers. Seems I missed Jack Sparkes having a bad game although I still think he's been very good defensively this season and back him to bounce back.

dontpassback

I think GC acknowledged that we were slow in getting the ball forwards when we had possession,too much sideways and backwards passes,and he will be working on that,take nothing away from Ipswich,they are a very good side who I think will end up as champions,despite the efforts of our green chums

Grecianpasty

On reflection of today's game, I wouldn't be suprised to see Cheick come into the team with Sparkes missing out. Caprice has been the better of the two in recent weeks.

Oldsmobile-88

And a small complaint about the catering. I went to get a pasty at HT when the board went up for the additional minutes. When I got served, sorry no pasties as we are waiting for them to warm up. A lunchtime ko and a capacity crowd and no pasties to be served. Poor, very poor indeed. Also, there was no other hot food. So my lunch was a packet of crisps and a twix which didnt improve my mood one bit.
I’m guessing you went to the bar area of the SASS ?
There was a issue with a oven there. Some of the food was taken to the kiosk at the end of the concourse to heat up.

On the wider issue, it is a struggle to satisfy the larger crowds at SJP with hot food due to the limit on how much food can be put in the warmers. Also the supplier(Chunk) do not deliver on a Saturday which means the amount of food that is delivered is constrained by the amount of cold storage that is available in the ground. This has been expanded this season but the reality is, for larger crowds(6,000+) there is always going to be a issue with supply & demand.

Good effort getting to the ground after a motorway closure in the area mentioned. I’ve done that detour myself, it’s a absolute nightmare at the best of times.

crocks

On our local news , they reported that a casualty from the accident later died in hospital. Puts things into perspective

iscalad

Watched the game, as live, managed to avoid knowing the score.
Always tricky to comment on games when you aren't at the match, and I haven't read the thread.
I thought Archie played well again and the team did OK. However it was obvious that Ipswich were the better side and we were unable to create very much against them.
Seems they flew to the match. Says it all really.

Boyo

On the wider issue, it is a struggle to satisfy the larger crowds at SJP with hot food due to the limit on how much food can be put in the warmers. Also the supplier(Chunk) do not deliver on a Saturday which means the amount of food that is delivered is constrained by the amount of cold storage that is available in the ground. This has been expanded this season but the reality is, for larger crowds(6,000+) there is always going to be an issue with supply & demand.
There’s defo room for improvement here. I get in the Stagecoach about 14:40 on a normal Saturday, by which time the queue is always too long. Getting anything at halftime would mean missing 5-10 mins of the game. I therefore never spend a penny inside the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.