• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Ipswich Town match day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Monster

Three similar fouls down the back of Achilles on Jevani, Josh and Tim
not a single one given and of course the one on Tim let to the second goal.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Gaps? Not where I was. Also people standing on the yellow lines.
Hard to see how any more could have fitted in.
‘Not where I was’, which was presumably on the bank, and also presumably towards the middle? Which means you couldn’t see the edges, which invariably are sparsely populated.

JW57++

Three similar fouls down the back of Achilles on Jevani, Josh and Tim
not a single one given and of course the one on Tim let to the second goal.
On the whole I thought Ipswich were effective and fair but strong tacklers, but the three tackles you mentioned looked to be deliberate attempts to inflict injury. Not a coincidence that they all happened after the ball had been played and the ref was presumably focusing on where the ball was going.

denzel

‘Not where I was’, which was presumably on the bank, and also presumably towards the middle? Which means you couldn’t see the edges, which invariably are sparsely populated.
No, i was close to the edge.

SaintJames

Gaps? Not where I was. Also people standing on the yellow lines.
Hard to see how any more could have fitted in.
I was nearer to the Stadium Way part of the Bank and there was plenty of space. I wonder if the 10% reduction the club has made is a figure set by officialdom or if we decided on the figure? If there is any leeway could he figure be dropped by a few percent? Also has the club reduced capacity in all stands or just on the Bank?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
No, i was close to the edge.
Yes. Showing my age - "Close to the edge, down by the river"

(Close to the Edge - Wikipedia)

Grecian2K

Yes. Showing my age - "Close to the edge, down by the river"

(Close to the Edge - Wikipedia)
Indeed. Seasons may pass you by,
But we go up.
We go down.

Grecian2K

Also has the club reduced capacity in all stands or just on the Bank?
I'd heard that it was primarily based on PPA.
(Potential Pasty Availability)
Sadly the "powers that be" don't always seem to be able to get that right.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
To paraphrase again what Justin Quick told the Trust AGM, the Club recognise that if we are to regualarly have crowds of 6,500 plus the Club need to invest in staff and infrastructure to support those numbers. They are clearly not there yet.

It is however difficult logistically in that people arrive at the ground very late, rush to the bars etc at half time, and on both occasions all want excellent, cheap food and drink immediately. We need to learn a trick or two from how theatres and rock gigs organise interval drinks etc.

denzel

I was nearer to the Stadium Way part of the Bank and there was plenty of space. I wonder if the 10% reduction the club has made is a figure set by officialdom or if we decided on the figure? If there is any leeway could he figure be dropped by a few percent? Also has the club reduced capacity in all stands or just on the Bank?
I was at the other end. I may be a boring old fart these days but I wouldn't want any more in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.