• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Peterborough United matchday thread

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I venture a few of those will be coming back for more next time after that match. Bums on seats football from The Grecians.
Every chance such a pity we have had to reduce our capacity.

Playing as we are had the capacity not been reduced we could be looking at regular attendances of circa 8,000.

Bridgy 81

Great result. Well done all round.
I love a late winner and from the short clip I’ve seen on here it was brilliantly taken by Jevani.
I feared the worse when they scored their second but to come back like we did showed character and resilience.
The tactical and fitness work we were able to do this week without a midweek match to occupy us was obviously
time well spent.
Although it’s still pretty bunched up behind us seeing us in 9th place 11 points from the relegation zone and only 3 points off the playoffs is a nice sight.
We’ve got through our difficult October fixtures and have now played more of the higher placed teams.
And running the risk of stating the obvious we’ve also had to contend with numerous longterm injuries to our back line and the disappearance of virtually our entire coaching team.
I reckon we’re doing well. Long may it continue

SaintJames

Attendance 6489 with 408 from Peterborough.
Decent away following

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Love this team more every week. Very even first half with a great strike from them to make it 1-1. Second half we sat back and invited them onto us which isn't the way we play. Great volley made it 2-1 then we had to take the brakes off. Great header down from Key for Nombes goal and then the perfect weighted ball for Jevs finish. Limbs everywhere and an amazing 3 points.

Shame to see Jay so off the pace and Dieng a bit sloppy but more than a match on our day for the best teams in this division

Antony Moxey

One of the best games I’ve seen in a long time. Terrific performance from us, three well timed goals, more than matched a very good promotion chasing side, tactics and substitutions spot on and a banging crowd and fantastic atmosphere.

What‘s not like: welcome to Exeter Gary.

STURTZ

Shit that was good! :LOL:

SaintJames

Every chance such a pity we have had to reduce our capacity.

Playing as we are had the capacity not been reduced we could be looking at regular attendances of circa 8,000.
It was confirmed at the Trust AGM this morning that the bank capacity has been cut by 10% in line with safety guidance because we are all getting fat (or words to that effect). Also that the club are exploring ways to re-sell tickets for people unable to attend

iscalad

Love this team more every week. Very even first half with a great strike from them to make it 1-1. Second half we sat back and invited them onto us which isn't the way we play. Great volley made it 2-1 then we had to take the brakes off. Great header down from Key for Nombes goal and then the perfect weighted ball for Jevs finish. Limbs everywhere and an amazing 3 points.

Shame to see Jay so off the pace and Dieng a bit sloppy but more than a match on our day for the best teams in this division
Sadly you are right about Matt and Tim. Don't seem to have the same verve about them as last season.

dontpassback

I didn’t expect that after going behind,but excellent result against a very good side who will be up there at the end of the season.I didn’t think jevani would get to the ball,but what a finish 😀😀😀

dontpassback

Sadly you are right about Matt and Tim. Don't seem to have the same verve about them as last season.
I was disappointed with Matt jays performance,Gary Caldwell gave him the chance to impress,and he didn’t look like he was going to take it