• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Peterborough United matchday thread

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I can’t wait for the 360 video of this game.

Banksy

Wonderful City , just wonderful.🥳🥳🥳🥳

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well, that was a throughly enjoyable if hardly deserved smash and grab raid. After 85 minutes of hard to watch football we were a goal down, had had one shot on target in open play and something like 40% of the possession. Fortunately for us, Peterborough, for all their impressive strikers defend even worse than us. And after 2 games where we faded badly towards the end we've now had 2 games where we've finished strongly.
And after 18 games we are now half way to the target of 50 points so even a miserabilist like me is starting to think we should stay up this season.

Last edited:

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
THIS AGED WELL
Reverse psychology… always works 😉

CWH-NYC_

That is a great result. Did not see that ending coming.

STURTZ

Wow! Great game! Thought Jevani had a quiet game, out of position as our center forward first half, but who cares when he can finish like that. I almost cried as that ball curled into the top corner.

Bring on the Ipswich!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
That is a great result. Did not see that ending coming.
Uninspiring as it was to watch at times we did a good job in the second half of neutralising Peterborough's attacking threat and had started to look a bit more lively going forward after Sam coming in. However, their goal felt like an absolute sucker punch that we wouldn't have an answer to.

SaintJames

LondonRd.net forum in meltdown and I happened to love this gem of faint praise "Exeter are better than all the non league teams at the bottom but no way will they be anywhere near promotion"
Get in Super Gary Caldwell's Red and White Army

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well that was thoroughly enjoyable from start to finish 👏 👏 👏

Grecian2K

As you say Sturtz...just WOWWWW! 😱

The last ten minutes up there amongst the best ever Big Bank moments!

Oh, and PS: "Nearly cried"??? My eyes were totally lachrymose at the final whistle...and I couldn't even blame the cold autumnal winds.

Last edited: