• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Stevenage Match Day Thread

I dont know what point you're making, but I dont think I've ever seen a more obvious example of a player climbing by putting two hands on a defenders shoulders. The defender appealed somewhat half heartedly for some reason, once he'd eventually dumped Stubbs off of his back!
Yeah what's your point SEA, only all 4 of the Stevenage players in the photo you posted have their arms in the air!?!?!

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
As soon as Stubbs was off his back, the defender had both arms in the air and was looking at the ref. View attachment 8175
Even the Quest team were undecided over it, Jacqui Oatley and Dean Ashton said it wasn’t a foul but Karl Robinson thought it was.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yeah what's your point SEA, only all 4 of the Stevenage players in the photo you posted have their arms in the air!?!?!
I was responding to Pete USA who said that the defender didn't make a huge deal about being fouled by pointing out that the defender immediately appealed to the ref.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Brown and Stubbs in the EFL's L2 team of the week

I was responding to Pete USA who said that the defender didn't make a huge deal about being fouled by pointing out that the defender immediately appealed to the ref.
Sorry SEA - you must have missed the side order of sarcasm delivered with my post - I was heckling Pete ;)

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Even the Quest team were undecided over it, Jacqui Oatley and Dean Ashton said it wasn’t a foul but Karl Robinson thought it was.
Karl Robinson was not an effective co presenter hope he is not on again, and what's with the Quest love in on Mansfield, they barely mention us but always seem to pick up on Mansfield's games in hand - boring

Arthur Davey

Defender (& Steve F@tb@st@rd) can't complain, he had his arms wrapped around Stubbs' arse. Stubbs just wanted the ball (as he did for first goal); the defender just wanted to grope Stubbs' butt, he wasn't interested in challenging for the ball, all he wanted to do was impede Stubbs, typical gobsh1te Evans coaching. Feckin' fairycakes. Love the 5's slapping the ground reaction after Stubbs' first goal, too. 🤣