• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City vs Stevenage Match Day Thread

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not started one of these in a while, hope the team play well, score early, destroy Stevenage and send the fat b@stard Fatty McFatFat back home with his ample tail between his legs.

COYR.

Arthur Davey

Seconded.
So good a description of the fat t#rd as I've yerd. Mind, he'd probably struggle to get ort between his legs.

Bongo1959

Every game a cup final now COYR

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Looks to be a nice day for football. Looking forward to taking my spot on a packed Big Bank.

Jason's preview

fred binneys head

Looks like List is a recent thorn in our side, hope he has an off day.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Be good if Jake, Pym and Jamie Reid get a friendly reception today, they all served us well. Be even better if they had absolute howlers and scored an og apiece and joined in the after match celebration in front of the Bank. Better still would be another refereeing travesty that sends Mr gutbucket into another purple rage.

I won't be there to see it mind, failing a late covid fitness test.
COYR

fred binneys head

I would give polite applause to Jamie Reid as he wasn’t with us long and didn’t do much. I’d give decent applause to Christy as he did more for us but always struck me as a bit of a tw@t. And I’d give massive applause to Jake as he was with us a long time, gave his all in every game and scored quite a few goals, as well as being a top bloke. Geddon Jake (after today).

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would give polite applause to Jamie Reid as he wasn’t with us long and didn’t do much. I’d give decent applause to Christy as he did more for us but always struck me as a bit of a tw@t. And I’d give massive applause to Jake as he was with us a long time, gave his all in every game and scored quite a few goals, as well as being a top bloke. Geddon Jake (after today).
Hmm, if the three were in front of you how would you differentiate your clappage. You haven't thought this through.

David Treharne

It's 13c and there's a hazy sunshine. The 'feels like' remperature is probably a couple of degrees less, as there's a nagging ESE wind that is certainly blowing harder than it did yesterday. There's been no rain in the last 24 hours, so the sprinklers will be on, as the ground has dried out from its rather sodden state a week ago, very rapidly. It'll probably reach 17 during the course of the game, although it's noticeable that when the sun sets, (18.36) and in the hour before the temperature has dropped very suddently. If you suffer from hayfever the last week has seen an increase in tree pollen, and the UV yesterday afternoon reached 3, so if you're on the Big Bank you might need suncream (if you're sensitive!) My update will be at around 13:00.
The game? Think it'll be a tough old battle, but I find it difficult to believe that the 'new manager' effect can work in a week with the existing squad...but we'll see!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Every game a cup final now COYR
We just need to take one game at a time.
We can't rely on other teams.
It's in our own hands.

We need some end-of-season cliche bingo cards.