• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2022/23 Season

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Julian Tagg in his Devon Live column has indicated that a couple of the women's matches next season will also be played at SJP, so it's not only premiershite teams relenting on where the women play.
'Relenting'? Really?

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Julian Tagg in his Devon Live column has indicated that a couple of the women's matches next season will also be played at SJP, so it's not only premiershite teams relenting on where the women play.
Don't think it's a case of "Relenting" It's more to do with giving the pitch a rest between games, How much the costs are holding games etc, I'd imagine the club never not wanting them to play at SJP more of a case of getting things sorted before it can happen.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Good to see we're upping our backing

AndyB

Red red

Can’t find the funds for the first team but can for this

Rosencrantz

Can’t find the funds for the first team but can for this
The £5k increase would barely cover two/three weeks wages of an average L1 player. And that's before getting into the positives of supporting the women's team.

Pete Martin (CTID)

The £5k increase would barely cover two/three weeks wages of an average L1 player. And that's before getting into the positives of supporting the women's team.
I may possibly be going loopy, but I read it at as an increase to £25,000 per season from £5,000

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I may possibly be going loopy, but I read it at as an increase to £25,000 per season from £5,000
I agree

iscalad

Rosencrantz

Need to read properly 😜. Still, an increase in £20k would barely be covering a young pro for the season. And it really misses the point that the women's club should get good backing.