• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2022/23 Season

Red Bill

Some good thoughts there RB.

I must admit I do like the Exeweb Hub's location and accessibilty and there is room there too for some extra seating.
Extra loos would also be needed.

With the regular crowds ECFC women are now attracting I'd be very surprised if conversations aren't being had on some level regarding both site options.

I have to admit that having never lived in Exeter, beyond the routes in and out, the city center and SJP, I dont really know Exeter very well at all, so I don't know much about transport or parking issues around either venue. (I'm not actualy sure where Exwick is!) so there may of course be all kinds if issues around my suggestions that I'm unaware of. But I think the CH idea is an interesting one with potentially lots of positives if ways around the difficulties could be found.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I have to admit that having never lived in Exeter, beyond the routes in and out, the city center and SJP, I dont really know Exeter very well at all, so I don't know much about transport or parking issues around either venue. (I'm not actualy sure where Exwick is!) so there may of course be all kinds if issues around my suggestions that I'm unaware of. But I think the CH idea is an interesting one with potentially lots of positives if ways around the difficulties could be found.
No matter the Cliff or Exwick the bus service is abysmal.

Red Bill

I've just spotted this in the Supporters' Report in relation to the CH:

"We need to improve the facilities around the 3G pitch area, and around the ground generally, to make it more
available to spectators"

Could this be a sign that what I was suggesting earlier could already be in hand?

Rosencrantz

"We need to improve the facilities around the 3G pitch area, and around the ground generally, to make it more
available to spectators"

Could this be a sign that what I was suggesting earlier could already be in hand?
It might be, but also as the academy teams play out there as well it probably needs improving anyway. The problem with the 3G at the CH and Hub is the fences surrounding them. You can only stand on one side at Exwick.

burtiew

Any updates on recent matches, news etc?

Martin Weiler

It’s been all quiet recently on the FAWNL SW front. Exeter without a game this week and nearest title rivals Cardiff City Ladies’ game yesterday was postponed. So as we were. City played 16 on 40 points; Cardiff played 13 on 33 points.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster

available to spectators"

It might be, but also as the academy teams play out there as well it probably needs improving anyway. The problem with the 3G at the CH and Hub is the fences surrounding them. You can only stand on one side at Exwick.
Unless there has been realignment of the training pitches at the C&F I think it would be logistically difficult to provide accomodation for a significant number of spectators there. Even if there was money to move the fences.

You'd also need planning permission to move the fence(s) and floodlights and put in specatator facilities (a small covered stand?) which would be problematic. You'd presumably also need extra toilets, maybe enlarged player facilities and a referees' room, more parking, etc and a range of other issues would also arise.

So IMO this is a non-starter.

Spoonz Red E

A bit of correction needed to Martin's post above ... (it can get confusing with games being postponed)

These are the remaining fixtures (Exeter City have 4 games left, Cardiff City have 6, Exeter City are 6 points ahead 46-40)

02/04/23 2pm Exeter City v Maidenhead United ; Cardiff City v Selsey
09/04/23 2pm Swindon Town v Exeter City
13/04/23 7.45pm Portishead Town v Cardiff City
16/04/23 2pm Exeter City v Selsey ; Moneyfields v Cardiff City
19/04/23 7.45pm Larkhall Athletic v Cardiff City
23/04/23 2pm Swindon Town v Cardiff City
30/04/23 2pm Exeter City v Swindon Town ; Cardiff City v Southampton Women

Also Exeter City are in the Devon Cup Final and can make it a double with the Reserves winning their final last week
21/04/23 7.15pm Exeter City v Plymouth Argyle

All details taken from https://fulltime.thefa.com/index.html;jsessionid=C6FE59360A9D213676DE8DB3264EC2FE?selectedSeason=696639056&selectedFixtureGroupAgeGroup=0&selectedDivision=539269006&selectedCompetition=0

Ian Tarr

It’s been all quiet recently on the FAWNL SW front. Exeter without a game this week and nearest title rivals Cardiff City Ladies’ game yesterday was postponed. So as we were. City played 16 on 40 points; Cardiff played 13 on 33 points.
Soccerway has you a bit out of date, Martin.
A 6 point gap with two matches in hand.
But Spoonz is much quicker than me!

Martin Weiler

Thanks Spoonz and Ian. My bad looking at an out of date website! Anyway - a thrilling run in now in store.