• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2022/23 Season

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster

tom_ecfc

Oh wow!?! What’s happened here then 🤔

iscalad

Yes, just seen it on FB. Falling out??

grecIAN Harris

Yes, just seen it on FB. Falling out??
Probably the same as happened with Esme last season, young kid wants to be playing football and is not happy with being left on the bench all the time which is what is happening more often than not. Both have gone from being first choice strikers, scoring goals and doing a decent job to be left out in the cold somewhat.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Delete

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Isn't it just a case of the team evolving? I watched the game at SJP earlier this season and tbh Connie looked WELL off the pace of the game.

grecIAN Harris

Isn't it just a case of the team evolving? I watched the game at SJP earlier this season and tbh Connie looked WELL off the pace of the game.
Quite possibly but then Connie's game has never exactly been about pace. It's always been about strength and power. The problem is there is a gap appearing in terms of youth and development for later years. That's the third player of Chloe's age , 18/19, that has left the club (Esme, Ocean and now Connie) in the last twelve months mainly because they are being displaced by older players. I get that the womens side needs to go forward in the immeadiate future but it also needs to keep it's younger players when they've proved that they are capable of playing the level that the side are in so they can keep developing to maintain the sides longer term development. It might be that the players have already peaked and they will get no better but I doubt that. There are patterns appearing that, for me, don't bode well. I think a lot of the issue is that there isn't, to the best of my knowledge, anybody overseeing the womens setup as a whole and those in charge have a win at all costs attitude and are blinkered to here and now.

grecIAN Harris

I forgot another one that went the same way although maybe not quite to the context of Esme and Connie was Mia Preston.

grecIAN Harris

Compare and contrast how the men's and women's first teams are operating within the club's ethos. George Ray moved on to open up the pathway for Chieck. Maybe it could be quietly argued the same with Jake Taylor for Harry Kite. We're not signing a keeper on a long term deal so that when Harry Lee is ready he can slot in. All older players being moved on to allow our younger players through. On the other hand Esme left because she had been replaced by Sarah Stacey. Connie leaving because she's been replaced by the new player (don't know her name) from Bridgewater. Both younger players who have previously proven their ability being usurped by older players......

andrew p long

Disappointing but not a huge surprise. Connie is really talented and successful so far. But someone else (and older) was brought in in her position. As a result Connie has been regularly left out.

Its different from the men's team in that there are fewer games and chances for rotation. Someone not starting will only get a few minutes per week, whereas in the men's team might start the midweek the game in 3 match weeks. And players don't have contracts (?) so can choose to move without the club's agreement(?).