• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter City Women 2022/23 Season

Boyo

I think the scarcity of Woman's games at SJP definitely makes them into big occasions with really healthy attendances. Those attendances are boosted massively by unlimited free tickets being available to all local grassroots clubs. I think if more matches were at SJP then the attendances wouldn't be anywhere what we have seen before, albeit higher than what is achieved at Exwick.

Martin Weiler

I was interested to learn yesterday from visiting fans that Cardiff City Ladies FC are completely independent of Cardiff City FC. I hadn’t realised that. Cardiff City FC do now have a Women’s team but they play in the Welsh league set up whereas Cardiff Ladies are part of the English league pyramid. The Ladies team were formed in 1975 and have won the Women’s Welsh Cup several times. As a result they have played in 6 European campaigns. So we beat a team yesterday with a bit of pedigree.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
From what I could see at the Hub at the previous game, there wasn't any stewards or any paid staff at all (?). There was someone taking money at the gate but I presumed there were volunteers. I imagine you couldn't get away with this if it was staged at SJP?
That would not happen at SJP i guess. Even for a game that’s not a first class fixture, the ground safety regulations would have to be adhered to for the Safety Certificate. ie Stewards, someone in the Control Room, Ambulance outside & the rest that goes with that.

I think there is the right balance at the moment a couple of games a season plus the odd Cup game.

Oldsmobile-88

3BD46392-E08C-4576-BEBB-BA37371AE4BF.jpeg

AndyB

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Increased crowd, leading to increased pressure being one that I can think of. The playing surface at the hub might also be "a leveller" for those teams not used to playing on a 3G surface. Playing at SJP on a surface we are not as used to, might be seen negatively?

denzel

What do the players want? If they want to play at SJP we should accommodate that

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
What do the players want? If they want to play at SJP we should accommodate that
Surely this should only happen if it's cost effective? If ECFC make a bit of extra revenue then I'm all for it.

However, if the cost of staffing etc means we make a loss then it seems daft. I'm sure Chaz wouldn't be too keen on having another side using the pitch every other week either.

denzel

We are talking about a one off, not every week. I'm sure it will be well attended.

And Chas is too precious about his pitch, we can't play friendlies and all it does is produce a billiard table the opponents love to come down and beat us on!

AndyB