• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter v. Daggers Matchday Thread

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
It was probably the 'nice' thing to do giving Baldwin a last appearance.

Pretty sure he's retiring in the Summer.
That is correct GOG, was with Pat last night.

mdg

seemed more of a training game in the first half(us) they looked more interested than we were. Second half much better, JKs goal a cracker, and TNs a back pass from a defender- Curo scored against us again!!, but didn't begrudge him that one. They looked a much better side than the one we beat away earlier in the season.

Now comes the time to sort out the squad, get rid of some, who haven't performed and hope we get some quality in.With Serc, going, perhaps Luke Young, will come in!

Last edited:

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pleased with top ten finish. And good crowd too. Well done to everyone who got down there to see out a surprisingly comfortable season with a win and a Curo goal too!

manc grecian

I'd have either of the centre mids for Dagenham. Ogogo and Andre somethingorother.

Last edited:

Red Devon

Yeah Dagenham the more threatening and better side in the first half...City took over in the second and fully deserved the 3 points.

Tom Nichols easily the best player on the pitch.

Sad to see the season end!!

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd have either of the centre mids for Dagenham. Ogogo and Andre somethingorother.
Andre Boucourd I think it is. Was impressed with them both too

manc grecian

Yeah Dagenham the more threatening and better side in the first half...City took over in the second and fully deserved the 3 points.

Tom Nichols easily the best player on the pitch.

Sad to see the season end!!
Nichols was awful apart from his goal. His touch and hold up play were plopsies.

Red Devon

Nichols was awful apart from his goal. His touch and hold up play were plopsies.
Not for me!

Movement and touch was first class very hard for Dagenham to contain.

muppetdodger

Not for me!

Movement and touch was first class very hard for Dagenham to contain.
I thought he was rubbish as well. Big fan of his, but to me he is nowhere near the player he was at mid season. really tailed off badly.

A Slacker

We were lucky in the first half. That disallowed "goal" was sumptuous while the Daggers had several other good opportunities. In the second half we were much improved and Jimmy's goal was outstanding. It was soon followed by a moment of pure comedy when their defender passed straight to Tom N who really could not miss. I was then hoping for two more goals - one for Clinton and one for Curo. Just about everyone was behind Morrison, who had a really good game today, and more "comedy" came with the crowd encouraging him to shoot whenever he got the ball, however it wasn't to be. Curo got a great reception when he scored and when he left the pitch.

Some really good performances today from Hamon, JMT, Ribs, Oakley, Davies, Clinton plus Keohane and Wheeler (in their cameos).
Harley, Nicholls and Holmes were disappointing in many regards. Hopefully with a full pre-season and regular games under their belts they will come back better and stronger next season. Point to note - Harley made two sliding tackles today and won the ball both times - he is learning but he is just so ponderous on the ball at the moment.

Wheeler made a big impact playing wide and really got the crowd going, however losing Clinton to injury was a big loss and we lost our focal point.

Good second half performance against a good footballing side. Happy with tenth and already looking forward to the fixtures for next season.

Delighted to see Pat B get fifteen minutes at the end. Great gesture to a "proper chap".