• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter v. Daggers Matchday Thread

On the up

Yeah Dagenham the more threatening and better side in the first half...City took over in the second and fully deserved the 3 points.

Tom Nichols easily the best player on the pitch.

Sad to see the season end!!
Opinions on football never cease to amaze me. I thought Both Nichols and Nicholls had poor games. Tom was power puff for most of the game losing possession so easily. Did have a better spell for 15 mins when Wheeler was full of running. Once Wheeler ran out of puff and drifted completely out of the game so did Nichols.

On the up

Keohane scores a cracker just as he did at the end of last season! New contract then.

Well that's all over and I'm glad really, hope we can get some quality in during the close season.
It was a cracker and he must have given Tisdale something to think about.

paperclip

We were lucky in the first half. That disallowed "goal" was sumptuous while the Daggers had several other good opportunities. In the second half we were much improved and Jimmy's goal was outstanding. It was soon followed by a moment of pure comedy when their defender passed straight to Tom N who really could not miss. I was then hoping for two more goals - one for Clinton and one for Curo. Just about everyone was behind Morrison, who had a really good game today, and more "comedy" came with the crowd encouraging him to shoot whenever he got the ball, however it wasn't to be. Curo got a great reception when he scored and when he left the pitch.

Some really good performances today from Hamon, JMT, Ribs, Oakley, Davies, Clinton plus Keohane and Wheeler (in their cameos).
Harley, Nicholls and Holmes were disappointing in many regards. Hopefully with a full pre-season and regular games under their belts they will come back better and stronger next season. Point to note - Harley made two sliding tackles today and won the ball both times - he is learning but he is just so ponderous on the ball at the moment.

Wheeler made a big impact playing wide and really got the crowd going, however losing Clinton to injury was a big loss and we lost our focal point.

Good second half performance against a good footballing side. Happy with tenth and already looking forward to the fixtures for next season.

Delighted to see Pat B get fifteen minutes at the end. Great gesture to a "proper chap".
Losing Clinton was a big loss? I would love you to explain your working there.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
It was a cracker and he must have given Tisdale something to think about.
I think he has promise but really needs to feature more if he is here next season. Despite his well taken goal today Tisdale should be capable of making a judgement based on the last three or four seasons as to whether he is part of his plans.

For me there are quite a number of players Keohane included that I wouldn't be devastated to see go. The question is that if any of them do go, will we manage to bring in better replacements?

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
For me, the first half had a sort of 'pre-season friendly' feel to it. No-one seemed to want to put the effort in, and seemed afraid of going into a tackle (thinking of their upcoming holidays on foreign shores perhaps?). Apart from the Daggers' disallowed offside goal and Holmes' fizzer that just crept past the post, it was all a bit too relaxed and pedestrian. Come the second-half and we suddenly came to life. Jimmy's goal was an absolute peach, Tom's was a better present than most folk receive at Christmas, and we more or less bossed the half. Cue the usual farting around with the ball in front of our own goal area, and cue Curo getting his expected goal. Not a bad way to end the season, and seems a far cry from when we were propping up the whole of the football league before Christmas.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Andre Boucourd I think it is. Was impressed with them both too
Gayle would fit right into our defence too !(rofl)

Taz

Cant believe no-one has mentioned the dive and subsequent roll from the referee; which even the judges of ITV's 'Splash' would of given 10 out of 10...

A Slacker

Losing Clinton was a big loss? I would love you to explain your working there.
He was the focal point. He was the one that was bringing other people into the game. Once he went off it just didn't happen and we looked a poorer side.

muppetdodger

For me, the first half had a sort of 'pre-season friendly' feel to it. No-one seemed to want to put the effort in, and seemed afraid of going into a tackle (thinking of their upcoming holidays on foreign shores perhaps?). Apart from the Daggers' disallowed offside goal and Holmes' fizzer that just crept past the post, it was all a bit too relaxed and pedestrian. Come the second-half and we suddenly came to life. Jimmy's goal was an absolute peach, Tom's was a better present than most folk receive at Christmas, and we more or less bossed the half. Cue the usual farting around with the ball in front of our own goal area, and cue Curo getting his expected goal. Not a bad way to end the season, and seems a far cry from when we were propping up the whole of the football league before Christmas.
I thought D&R were superb first half, there movement off the ball was quality and made us look really slow and ponderous.. The finish for their disallowed goal was as good as you would see. Jimmy's goal was superb, looked better on tv I thought! Good way to finish the season, let's hope we can push on now and start next season well and see what happens.

ECFC Music

Finished 10th, but its a bit of a false position. If you take out that period where we were playing well, we'd be much lower.
What a daft comment. You could say if we took out that period when we played badly we would have finished much higher !