• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Exeter vs Southampton U21s - EFL Trophy match day thread. 7pm kick off

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Some football to distract us from the managerial position!

A chance for some of the fringe players and youngsters to show the new manager what they're capable of. Note the early kick off.

Jason's preview

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
We often try to guess the team - some of which has been done on the build up thread.

Shall we also guess who will be manager/in charge/selecting/coaching the team tonight?

jimmy

We often try to guess the team - some of which has been done on the build up thread.

Shall we also guess who will be manager/in charge/selecting/coaching the team tonight?
Caretaker Manager - K. Nicholson (our under 18s one)

Lee
Caprice Grounds James
Daniels Kegs Borges Iseguan
Jay
Smith Cox

Sowden, Simmons, Collins, Harper, Billington, J Brown, Stansfield

tonykellowfan

Presumably available to watch on ifollow?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

Depending on who exactly is already in South Yorkshire, I'm guessing Nicky Ajose may well be involved in the coaching team tonight.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Presumably available to watch on ifollow?
Yes. A tenner.

Thankful that this is only a Papa John's game, as the build up to it has been non existent, and the players must be wondering whats going on

JW57++

Normally I don’t get to see these games, but by coincidence I am travelling down to Exeter today and will be able to take in the game. My normal cluelessness has risen to a new level for tonight’s game - no idea who will be involved and in what capacity. I will write my expected team on a piece of paper and see if I get any correct. My best guess is Lee in goal, but I don’t even know if he is eligible to play.

DawlishBouy

Caretaker Manager - K. Nicholson (our under 18s one)

Lee
Caprice Grounds James
Daniels Kegs Borges Iseguan
Jay
Smith Cox

Sowden, Simmons, Collins, Harper, Billington, J Brown, Stansfield
Not much choice beyond that line-up unless we risk injuries to first choice players. Blackman might stay in goal. Is Grounds fit to play? Harrison King was ill rather than injured on Saturday so will probably be in. Will the game be used as a practice session for Harper or Smith to play at centre back?

red1

Has the Media team gone to Rotherham too ??? Game tonight and nothing to be seen online promoting it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Last edited:

Squeezebox

Will Kegs be allowed to play against Saints though?