• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 2022/23 Second Round Draw

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
What was the area behind the Cowshed used for? The one adjacent to half way. Was it just car park?
I expect it was a play ground area for the Bishop Blackall school annex.

A bit further to the right of the photo, obscured by the match details there were temporary classrooms for the school from the early 1970s until the school shut in the late 1980s

tom_ecfc

Page not found
Sorry, was still private.

YOUTH TEAM GOALKEEPER INJURED AT ARSENAL

• The Exeter City Youth XI got int the news on Wednesday when they were drawn against the Arsenal Youth team in the cup competition, but although they put up a game fight on the famous Highbury ground they were out-manoeuvred and out-matched by the young "Gunners," who have already learned to play like veterans. The City lost by 3 goals to 1, but had the misfortune to also lose their goalkeeper, Barry Sidey, who suffered a broken arm 20 minutes from the end, when he dived at Radford's feet to stop a certain fourth goal.

Leads

I could well be wrong, but I think that Arsenal and Middlesbrough are the two clubs we have never played against (that are currently in the football league). We were drawn against Middlesbrough but weren’t able to overcome Man United in the replay!

Anyway, shame it’s not a home game however both are reasonably easy to get to for those travelling. Hopefully we can get the win…

les.gtfc

We've played Arsenal twice in my lifetime. Once was probably the only time that I have enjoyed a game that we lost. They beat us 4-3 here in the FA Cup in 1986 with Charlie Nicholas scoring a fantastic hat-trick and then again at Highbury in the League Cup, the game after we had won at Anfield. After our heroics that night we lost 2-0 there and went out with a bit of a whimper to be honest.

Middlesborough we have played plenty of times, mostly when we were both 2nd tier and also that famous FA Cup win I mentioned earlier.

Information

One thing about the Live TV games

Monday and Friday are unlikely to be used due to World Cup

And that may mean fewer picks possibly only 4

Information

Woking and Oxford are now playing Tue 15th

Do you think they will schedule a replay (If needed) on Tue 22nd so our game can go ahead on 2nd Round weekend ??

Rosencrantz

Didnt we play a 3rd Rd Youth Cup game v Arenal sometime around 20 years ago?
In 97/98 season. Lost in a reply 1-0 in a replay after a 1-1 draw at The Park. They equalised very late on. A lot of Youth Cup info here.

geoffwp

Aye. Spot on.

With League 1 and below clubs only involved in Rounds 1 & 2 strong odds that they will throw up a tie we see as "crap." There are possible rich pickings in Round 3. Let's get there.
You are of course correct Al. I guess it's when you do get into the round3 draw and it comes up with a non league away that we might righteously moan.

Colesman Ballz

You are of course correct Al. I guess it's when you do get into the round3 draw and it comes up with a non league away that we might righteously moan.
It didn't harm our chances in 1981, our 4-2 victory at non league Maidstone saw us through to fixtures with Leicester, Newcastle and Spurs on our run to the quarter finals ! :)

Last edited:

iscalad

It didn't harm our chances in 1982, our 4-2 victory at non league Maidstone saw us through to fixtures with Leicester, Newcastle and Spurs on our run to the quarter finals ! :)
1982??