• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup 2022/23 Second Round Draw

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I assumed that was a 2nd string Derby team (my bad) but only the one change so fair dinkum Gulls to get a replay when they looked down and out
Well at least there are TWO teams west of Taunton in the pot!
Time for a supporters Christmas book in time for 7pm on Monday?
"Where's the GREEN Wallies"

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well at least there are TWO teams west of Taunton in the pot!
Time for a supporters Christmas book in time for 7pm on Monday?
"Where's the GREEN Wallies"
Just a thought how many weekends have there been where all three Clubs ourselves the Greens and Gulls have all made the headlines.

Colesman Ballz

A recent cup nemesis "Cousin Ashley" still hanging on gamely against Cambridge as well.

Still, at least we haven't got Warrington or Bognor to worry about this year.

An away day to Kings Lynn would be a logistical (and perhaps footballing) challenge, albeit bringing back memories of the dear old FA Trophy at the start of our darkest days.
We have also played at Kings Lynn in the FA Cup too, a 3-1 1st Round victory 24/11/1951, so a 100% winning record ! Iirc that may have also set their record attendance figure.

tom_ecfc

We have also played at Kings Lynn in the FA Cup too, a 3-1 1st Round victory 24/11/1951, so a 100% winning record ! Iirc that may have also set their record attendance figure.
Attendance was 12,931.

If anyone has a copy of that programme, we are missing it on the Grecian Archive.

Match report here ⬇ https://grecianarchive.exeter.ac.uk/items/show/5108

Banksy

Attendance was 12,931.

If anyone has a copy of that programme, we are missing it on the Grecian Archive.

I love the way Mackay is playing for City and the ref is L.A.M.MacKay. Hope he didn’t give too many decisions in his son’s favour!

dontpassback

Well, I enjoyed our game. Not sure how strong a side it was they put out but apart from the first 5 minutes, they were awful.

I definitely wasn't expecting that result today!

Top of the league, you're having a laugh.
It’s Plymouth argyle les,they think they are massive,they are,massive losers 😀😀😀your lads have made my weekend,well done the mariners

Grecian2K

Attendance was 12,931.

Given their ground capacity appears.to bigger than SJP an away draw would probably financially beneficial for financial gate-share reasons? (Not to mention the TV money...unless of course Salford scrape through against our own next league opponents and draw Wrexham - the ultimate R2 media w@nkfest

denzel

On the FA Cup highlights show just now, they said that Cam Dawson is Wednesday's 'Cup keeper' but didn't play yesterday due to concussion protocol. So odds on we will play them next.
I really wouldn't like us to go to Wrexham, Chesterfield or Grimsby.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd like to be a fly on the wall of Spotlight Sports Desk as they prepare for tomorrow evening's piece. :ROFLMAO:

Spoonz Red E

I'd like to be a fly on the wall of Spotlight Sports Desk as they prepare for tomorrow evening's piece. :ROFLMAO:
"And on tonight's Spotlight FA Cup report we show Plymouth Argyle taking an early lead as both Exeter City & Torquay United fall behind in their games ...."