• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

FA Cup games

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thinking about it, I think I've also seen some highlights of the Spurs game, but I'd love to see the away games at Leicester and Newcastle, and also the other rounds (Leatherhead, Millwall, Maidstone).
There are small highlights of the away games at Leicester & Newcastle & also the home game against Leatherhead on the cup run Video & DVD which was produced around 15 years ago.

No highlights of the Millwall & Maidstone games were included.
There was a BBC news camera at Maidstone(they were expecting a upset no doubt)The goals were shown on the BBC news on the Saturday night.I’ve never seen the clip played & only knew about it because my dad mentioned it when I got home.

iscalad

Thinking about it, I think I've also seen some highlights of the Spurs game, but I'd love to see the away games at Leicester and Newcastle, and also the other rounds (Leatherhead, Millwall, Maidstone).
I always thought there was a DVD/Video tape of the cup run. Could be wishful thinking. Tim Long..do you know?

iscalad

I always thought there was a DVD/Video tape of the cup run. Could be wishful thinking. Tim Long..do you know?
Ah, I see Olds beat me to it.

iscalad

There are small highlights of the away games at Leicester & Newcastle & also the home game against Leatherhead on the cup run Video & DVD which was produced around 15 years ago.

No highlights of the Millwall & Maidstone games were included.
There was a BBC news camera at Maidstone(they were expecting a upset no doubt)The goals were shown on the BBC news on the Saturday night.I’ve never seen the clip played & only knew about it because my dad mentioned it when I got home.
Found this

grecianfilm

68 subscribers

SUBSCRIBE
A taster for an excellent DVD of Exeter's 80/81 cup run available from the ECFC online shop (www.greciansonline.co.uk). In this clip, Tony Kellow's hat-trick knocks out 1st Division Leicester. The Grecians went on to reach the quarter-finals before losing to the eventual Cup winners, Tottenham.

Oldsmobile-88

The DVD was conceived on the 25th Anniversary in 2006 & a evening arranged.
A good night it was too.Mark Tyler was compare.The players from that era were introduced & gave their memories plus Steve Perryman & another Spurs player(Miller ?)
The evening was filmed & then released with the available highlights from the cup run.

It was packed upstairs as you can imagine.I missed out on a ticket for it but luckily Roger HK got me in 😁

iscalad

The DVD was conceived on the 25th Anniversary in 2006 & a evening arranged.
A good night it was too.Mark Tyler was compare.The players from that era were introduced & gave their memories plus Steve Perryman & another Spurs player(Miller ?)
The evening was filmed & then released with the available highlights from the cup run.

It was packed upstairs as you can imagine.I missed out on a ticket for it but luckily Roger HK got me in 😁
Shame we can't buy it anymore.

Oldsmobile-88

Shame we can't buy it anymore.
I’m sure I saw a couple of copy’s in the club shop as recently as last year ?

iscalad

I’m sure I saw a couple of copy’s in the club shop as recently as last year ?
Don't think so. I asked a while ago and no one knew that there was one previously on sale.

Oldsmobile-88

Don't think so. I asked a while ago and no one knew that there was one previously on sale.
Ah..Must have been something different that caught my eye..I think it may have been a supporters club production initially?

If you PM me your address,I will drop off my copy through the letterbox for you to borrow Isca if you want ?

haka

I expect this has been posted before (presumably the YouTube account is a certain Exewebber!), but I only discovered it recently. In 1969 I was too young to go to the game (or even know much about it) but "City scored first" was one of those things you heard said a lot afterwards. It's taken another half a century for me to find out how well City played, at least in the first half!

ECFC v Man Utd, 1969, extended highlights:

Wonderful images of the ground as it was, and the atmosphere.