• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Fans Forum - Monday 22 July

jimbo-gould

Anything of note mentioned?

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
Main things I took from from it
- Matt is positive but realistic about our chances this season "there are three clubs who will blow everyone else away in terms of budget"; "there'll be about 10 clubs in contention for the playoffs"; I've got to thank the Club & Trust for their support with the budget" Suggests that Matt logically sees us as one of those 10.
- Matt & Jack Sparkes both mentioned how valuable Jack's loan out was last season & Matt said that Jack did well to be training with the first team at 16 but needed developing by playing regular games week in and week out where three points were at stake (which suggests that the talk of Jack not playing due to a 'falling out' doesn't have that much credence)
- Matt is focused on recruitment both for the first team and the academy to counter the difficulty we have in getting players to the area.
- More development to come at the Training Ground in terms of improved buildings etc.
- The back room changes means Matt has a physio and strengthening set up more to his choosing.

Last edited:

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
The 3 clubs who Matt refers to that blow everyone else away in terms of budget are presumably:
Mansfield, Salford, and Bradford ??

I disagree that another 10 are in contention of play offs as I'd say the rest of the division are in contention.

Spoonz Red E

The 3 clubs who Matt refers to that blow everyone else away in terms of budget are presumably:
Mansfield, Salford, and Bradford ??

I disagree that another 10 are in contention of play offs as I'd say the rest of the division are in contention.
To be fair, Matt was specifically answering a question regarding who he thought the main contenders were.

ryancooper327

And MT said there would be a club statement about Forte this week. I imagine retirement.

PeteUSA

Any mention of the camera gantry being moved?

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Classic. You couldn't make it up if you tried. Cheers for making me laugh pate.

andrew p long

I think Matt was saying that the realistic objective was ‘improving on last season’. Which means the play offs.

Disappointing but unsurprising re Forte, the clearest possible steer that his career is over.

Positive spin

No and neither did he mention “the gap”.
I am sure you will be disappointed at these omissions on his part but it seems that Matt has other priorities with the start of the season less than 2 weeks away.

iscalad

Julian Tagg is attending the Senior Reds AGM on Thursday, maybe you could pop over and ask him.