• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Farewell Mike Cooper - enjoy retirement

Alfie 1966

"Mike Cooper, he's one of our own."
Would be good to hear this from the big bank on Sunday

jase 07

As others have already mentioned, a lovely guy who is always super helpful. Enjoy your retirement Mike !

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Some wonderful comments on t'interweb, hopefully Spoonz is rightly proud of the way he's conducted himself in helping us Grecians over a long period of time (including on here). Isn't it great he gets to read them ! Thanks, Mike... a true City gent.

Ian Tarr

Mike (aka Spoonz) really is a true City legend. As kind, warmhearted and dedicated an individual as ever lived. Some may remember (and this has been mentioned above) his stint as Chief Executive in the early days of the Trust, superseded, I think, by Ian Tarr.
Not quite right, there, Pete.

I actually preceded Mike in that role, and was instrumental in getting him to replace me.

Being Bristol based, it made a lot more sense to me to fill that role with someone cleverer and more local than me.

Mike is simply the very best of Exeter City, and I would like to join everyone else in wishing him all the very best for the future.

Martin Weiler

Very happy retirement Mike. You personify what is sometimes called ‘customer service’. You absolutely get what it means to think about things from the person you are dealing with’s point of view. That’s a rare gift and will be missed. Except that typically you are going to continue looking after us as a volunteer. Legend!

denzel

Pete I think the bike ride may have been with Yeovil Grecian aka Pete Bishop
I though Yeovil Grecian was someone else

budegrecian

One of the good guys! I can’t believe there is anyone out there with a bad word to say about him. He will be sorely missed, his updates on Exeweb are also really useful. Will certainly be tough to replace…
Tough? Tough! I believe you mean impossible.
There are several things that make City different ( and better) than the rest. This gentleman is one of them.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Not quite right, there, Pete.

I actually preceded Mike in that role, and was instrumental in getting him to replace me.

Being Bristol based, it made a lot more sense to me to fill that role with someone cleverer and more local than me.

Mike is simply the very best of Exeter City, and I would like to join everyone else in wishing him all the very best for the future.
Must have been a senior moment Ian!!

Ian Tarr

Must have been a senior moment Ian!!
I know the feeling, Pete. ;)

andrew p long

I echo the sentiments on here. A bit of a blow frankly in that, for me, the transformation in sorting tickets has coincided with Mike's involvement on the ticket office. For me I now not only have complete confidence in the ticket office generally but also know that the decisions made there had all been thought out and the right decision made. On one occasion I accidentally left booking online for an away game until just after the deadline for posting, which seemed rather a long time before the match. But the reason had been the combination of postal strikes and reduced days of postal deliveries meaning that it would have been touch and go whether the tickets would reach me in time. So really grateful for that.

Yes, Mike deserves a retirement, but his contribution both in what he does and the way he does it has been enormous.

One consolation, though. I hope we get more of those well thought out puns here on Exeweb!