• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Favourite time Exeter smashed another team

Bri 'n' God3

You and me both, although Lincoln away on the last day of the Championship season was something to savour. 5-1 away from home is something never heard of.

Went to Gillingham away (1979ish?) when we won 5-1. But yes very rare occurrence!

Max Payne 2

It was only 3-0 but bossing Blackburn Rovers off the pitch in the League Cup first leg in 1989 a fond memory. Dazza's counterattack and finish off the post to make it 1-1 in the second leg at Ewood and progress a certainty is embedded. That night was when I knew for certain we were going up.

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
City 4 Cambridge 0 September 2005

I had been working freelance near St Ives in Cambs and the business was full of Cambridge fans (usually with a Prem team too). They had had the better of us in the preceding League seasons and saw them selves as a ’bigger‘ team (eg. Argyle) so it was a sweet result

I was thinking of them as Wembley, too ;)