• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Flybe Struggling (as ever)

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Richard Branson is strangely quiet on this since his company has a stake in Flybe

Oldsmobile-88

So how does this affect sponsorship for City? Have Flybe paid up for the season or should we be looking to secure a new deal elsewhere ASAP?
I’m pretty sure there is something in the pipeline for next season..

Oldsmobile-88

Julian Tagg is about to come on Radio Devon to explain what impact this will have on Exeter City.
Did anyone hear the interview ?

muppetdodger

I wonder if the club could do something for the Fly Be / Exeter Airport employees affected. Reality is it could only be 'token' in the grand scheme of things but at least it would show support. Free ticket & pint/pasty for the Salford match (Salford won't bring many)? Bucket collection?

They stood by the Club in the dark days, be good if we could reciprocate in some small way.
This would be a fabulous idea.

IndoMike

To be honest, I don't think the answer is to give those losing their jobs free tickets and sundries, but do we give concessions to.the unemployed? I can't remember if we do or not. Since they probably couldn't afford a ticket normally it might help to.increase attendances whilst giving a hand to the people who are hard up.
What with Coronavirus and you know what a lot of people unfortunately might lose their jobs, or at least be ok aid off for a period

Bri 'n' God3

Julian Tagg was just on BBC 5 Live. Spoke well but obviously with sadness.

Ian Russon

I maybe talking absalute tosh as I have no concrete evidence but Flybe where brilliant to us, and the Adam Stansfield situation, I'd almost go as far to say we probably gave them reduced rates to be our sponsor, and rightly so due to the loyalty.

But at least we can now go looking for a big sponsor who may pay top dollar.

Boyo

Commiserations to all employees who through no fault of their own face a very stressful time. I hope they can all secure replacement jobs asap.

In terms of a "big sponsor", I don't know where we start. Flybe were the largest privately run employer in the area. The University would be great, but I can't see what would be in it for them. All the other large organisations locally are public services, right? Who else is there?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
I maybe talking absalute tosh as I have no concrete evidence but Flybe where brilliant to us, and the Adam Stansfield situation, I'd almost go as far to say we probably gave them reduced rates to be our sponsor, and rightly so due to the loyalty.

There was the incident a few years ago where the club talked openly about the sponsorship issue and Flybe threw their toys out of the pram big time.

Ian Russon

Commiserations to all employees who through no fault of their own face a very stressful time. I hope they can all secure replacement jobs asap.

In terms of a "big sponsor", I don't know where we start. Flybe were the largest privately run employer in the area. The University would be great, but I can't see what would be in it for them. All the other large organisations locally are public services, right? Who else is there?
An organisation not in the local area? We are a professional football club