• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Formations

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
While the lack of a decent striker is glaring and obvious, it's the lack of the sort of player Ian describes that is just as significant, if not more so. Wing backs who can't tackle can't be called backs, full backs who can't venture meaningfully forward, as our old ones used to, are limited to the point of being of little use.
Nothing wrong with defensive full backs if as Cloughie use to say we play with two wingers and a centre forward.

arthur

Nothing wrong with defensive full backs if as Cloughie use to say we play with two wingers and a centre forward.
Nothing wrong with full backs like Moxey, Friend, Golbourne, Tully, Hiley, Key and Woodman. Or perhaps you'd prefer Graeme Power?

Alistair20000

Nothing wrong with full backs like Moxey, Friend, Golbourne, Tully, Hiley, Key and Woodman. Or perhaps you'd prefer Graeme Power?
Never saw Graeme Power or Scott Hiley play art

grecIAN Harris

it’s just quite funny how adamant and dismissive of anybody else’s view you were. We scraped a couple of fortunate wins and you went full pep guardiola mate….rather amusing given saturday was one of our worst performances of the lot! Striker my arse chap
Oh look. Maxi's mate has come along now. All we need now is Edwin to show up and we'll have the Three Amigo's. Why don't you and Max be clever little boys and tell us how you would have us line up and who you might pick in that side as this thread was intended instead of derailing another thread.

Bat Fastard

Oh look. Maxi's mate has come along now. All we need now is Edwin to show up and we'll have the Three Amigo's. Why don't you and Max be clever little boys and tell us how you would have us line up and who you might pick in that side as this thread was intended instead of derailing another thread.
I don’t claim to have all the answers like you mate! Certainly knew all the answers to our problems didn’t lie in getting a striker in though….pretty obvious really

grecIAN Harris

I don’t claim to have all the answers like you mate! Certainly knew all the answers to our problems didn’t lie in getting a striker in though….pretty obvious really
I don't have the answers, I have an opinion as to what I think they might be. If I was in a position to do something with them, then they might be the answers. You agree, you don't........... who cares.

JGrecian23

You got lucky with Power. Though I did see him score for us at Shrewsbury I think. Sure it was a winner as well but long time ago and my memory doesn't stretch back 1 month when it comes to football!

Colesman Ballz

Blimey ! Did you really miss Hiley "nutmegging" Ronaldo then Al ? :unsure:

Alistair20000

Blimey ! Did you really miss Hiley "nutmegging" Ronaldo then Al ? :unsure:
Yes sadly

Grecian Max

IMG_4737.png