• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Was he released or did he choose not to sign? Tivvy’s twitter says Swansea have paid an undisclosed fee. As clubs who don’t have academies are not entitled to compensation this suggests City are entitled to something for his development. According to their website former City youth player Jack Stafford is still in their under 21 squad but, as far as I’m awar hasn’t played a single game for them this season.
Jack Stafford hasn't. To put things a bit into perspective about both him and Fanning there was also a bit of concern on here when Swansea snapped up Jack Stafford from Ireland/Waterford. Jack had seemed useful when with us at 16-18(but at 18 was up against Cheikh Diabate for a pro contract in central
defence and I think we made the right decision re Cheikh).

Jack Stafford signed an 18 month deal at Swansea which expires this summer. According to Soccerbase, as well as not playing in their first team, he isn't listed amongst the 31 players in their first team squad. So he may yet make it, but hasn't made the step up to league football yet.

iscalad

Dermot Curtis, Dwayne Lee, Jevani Brown the others?
Jevani Brown was in the squad but returned to us before the tournament started.

DawlishBouy

Jack Stafford hasn't. To put things a bit into perspective about both him and Fanning there was also a bit of concern on here when Swansea snapped up Jack Stafford from Ireland/Waterford. Jack had seemed useful when with us at 16-18(but at 18 was up against Cheikh Diabate for a pro contract in central

Jack Stafford signed an 18 month deal at Swansea which expires this summer. According to Soccerbase, as well as not playing in their first team, he isn't listed amongst the 31 players in their first team squad. So he may yet make it, but hasn't made the step up to league football yet.
When I said he hasn't played a game I was referring to their under 21 team.

tom_ecfc

Jevani Brown was in the squad but returned to us before the tournament started.
I think the games in that mini tournament were ‘unofficial’, so not FIFA recognised?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think the games in that mini tournament were ‘unofficial’, so not FIFA recognised?
True, but I don't think he played in any of them anyway. A shambles of a tournament.

Colesman Ballz

True, but I don't think he played in any of them anyway. A shambles of a tournament.
Yeah, didn't one team pull out at the last minute, ending up with Jevani coming home as he would hardly have got any game time ? :unsure:

Christian

Jack has been out injured thats why he hasn't really featured for Swansea so far this season.

Martin Weiler

James Dunne now at Welling United (National League South) played in their game at Weymouth yesterday. His ‘thunderous low strike’ hit an upright and came back for Ade Azeez to score. Despite this Weymouth won 2-1.

budegrecian

James Dunne now at Welling United (National League South) played in their game at Weymouth yesterday. His ‘thunderous low strike’ hit an upright and came back for Ade Azeez to score. Despite this Weymouth won 2-1.
I used to like Dunny and Sercs in midfield.
Interestingly, Sercs, playing against us yesterday, is still cutting it in Lge 1 whilst Dunny is now in the National League South, albeit they are pretty much the same age, I believe.

Martin Weiler

Jake Gosling sent off for Bristol Manor Farm yesterday. Two yellows as Farm beat Cinderford 3-2 in a Southern League Div 1 South.