• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just had a ring on the door, and it was former Grecian Ben Rowe with the post.

Am slightly annoyed now that I'd didn't take the chance to mention that I was at Chesterfield in March of our championship season to see him score one of his two goals for the club.

wiveygrecian

Just had a ring on the door, and it was former Grecian Ben Rowe with the post.

Am slightly annoyed now that I'd didn't take the chance to mention that I was at Chesterfield in March of our championship season to see him score one of his two goals for the club.
You should have mentioned it ! I was there too! Didn’t Batty miss a late penalty for us ?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
You should have mentioned it ! I was there too! Didn’t Batty miss a late penalty for us ?
Now you mention it, that rings a vague bell. I don't remember a whole lot – knew Ben either scored or got sent off, but had to resort to Google to check which it was – except that it was a midweek game. I was at Nottingham Poly at the time, so caught the train up.

wiveygrecian

Now you mention it, that rings a vague bell. I don't remember a whole lot – knew Ben either scored or got sent off, but had to resort to Google to check which it was – except that it was a midweek game. I was at Nottingham Poly at the time, so caught the train up.
Yes Tuesday nighter , I think Batty missed a very late penalty for us and we were in the stand up one end .

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
not just Cam Dawson and James Norwood last night, but two loanees to City with amongst the shortest/least productive loan stays with us.

Robbie Cundy on to shore up Barnsley's defence late on. And Jaden Brown stuck on Wednesday's bench all night.

The record books show that neither played a single minute for our first team. Opposite end of the spectrum to Dawson!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't Ben Rowe become the first substitute to receive a red card without actually entering the field of play? 🤔

Oldsmobile-88

Yes Tuesday nighter , I think Batty missed a very late penalty for us and we were in the stand up one end .
Yep...Remember it..Batty did miss the pen that night which would have been the equaliser.
Richard Young was beaten to a header by a Chesterfield player about a foot shorter than him for their winner...TC was not happy with him post match.

Two coaches that night to Saltergate Jim, Psycho was driving ours 😁

lamrobhero

Didn't Ben Rowe become the first substitute to receive a red card without actually entering the field of play? 🤔
If my memory serves, yes away at Fulham. Can't remember what upset him.

Oldsmobile-88

If my memory serves, yes away at Fulham. Can't remember what upset him.
Gordon Davies was about 6 yards offside when a ball was played through to him. He couldn’t believe it himself that the flag did not go up.
Rowe was red carded for arguing with the Linesman as he was warming up.

flakey pasty

Gordon Davies was about 6 yards offside when a ball was played through to him. He couldn’t believe it himself that the flag did not go up.
Rowe was red carded for arguing with the Linesman as he was warming up.
I was sitting immediately in front of the half way line. The Lino was stood directly in front of me. Davies was so offside, it was off the scale. How the Lino didn’t give offside defies scientific explanation.
BTW, just as well Egg didn’t engage Ben in conversation when receiving his letters - Terry Cooper said Ben could “talk for England”.