• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see Richard Duffy is having FA Cup success in his first player- manager role at Congleton Town. He even scored in their midweek 3-2 comeback win against Newcastle Town in the 2nd Qualifying Round. Now the Step 5 North West Counties Premier team have a plum tie this coming Saturday as they take on AFC Fylde, a club around 70 places above them in the pyramid. The game will be featured by BBC Sport.
Based on how cynical a player he was I reckon his teams must be more frustrating to watch if they're ahead than Wycombe in their prime.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Based on how cynical a player he was I reckon his teams must be more frustrating to watch if they're ahead than Wycombe in their prime.
Wow. Loved Duffers. Really good player.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
He was good. He was also a master of blocking off opposition players when there was a chance of a quick break.

Bridgy 81

and he got Ryan Bowman sent off whilst playing for Notts County.
Didn't do them any good in that game though (courtesy of Nicky Law) and they were relegated at the end of that season.

SaintJames

agreed I thought he was much under rated in his time with us but it went a bit sour at the end

agreed I thought he was much under rated in his time with us but it went a bit sour at the end
My favourite Richard Duffy memory came at SJP. Can't remember who the opposition were, but Duffers found himself as the last defender against a pacy forward who was sprinting in on goal. After clattering said forward, and without even looking back to find out what his fate was, Duffy carried on running straight down the tunnel beneath the Old Grandstand. Behind him was the poor referee desperately trying to get the red card out of his pocket in time before Duffy disappeared for an early bath. Class.

fred binneys head

That was Bristol Rovers at home, the first game played after Stanno’s passing. We drew 2-2 (Nardiello, O’Flynn).

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
That was Bristol Rovers at home, the first game played after Stanno’s passing. We drew 2-2 (Nardiello, O’Flynn).
RIP Stanno but be so proud of Jay

Bridgy 81

My favourite Richard Duffy memory came at SJP. Can't remember who the opposition were, but Duffers found himself as the last defender against a pacy forward who was sprinting in on goal. After clattering said forward, and without even looking back to find out what his fate was, Duffy carried on running straight down the tunnel beneath the Old Grandstand. Behind him was the poor referee desperately trying to get the red card out of his pocket in time before Duffy disappeared for an early bath. Class.
Richard Duffy was a master of the dark arts and I loved him for that.
Plus, I mentioned somewhere on here recently being fairly sure that I recall seeing him head the ball over the main grandstand once.
I don’t think I dreamt that, well hopefully not anyway.

Alistair20000

Offline penalty IIRC. Hard to believe so long ago.