• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Exehausted

Sercs is 33 next month and out of contract at the end of the season. If we can.t keep hold of Kevin Mc for another season and with the like of Archie leaving, I'd have him back on a 12 month deal.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sercs is 33 next month and out of contract at the end of the season. If we can.t keep hold of Kevin Mc for another season and with the like of Archie leaving, I'd have him back on a 12 month deal.
I wouldn't be aversed either, if the wages were right.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
There will be a few former players out of contract this summer. Off the top of my head I think Sercs, JMT, Wheeler, and George Friend are all out of contract. Be interesting to see if we have any interest in any of these or has that ship now sailed.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
There will be a few former players out of contract this summer. Off the top of my head I think Sercs, JMT, Wheeler, and George Friend are all out of contract. Be interesting to see if we have any interest in any of these or has that ship now sailed.
I think JMT's injury problems would be a potential deal breaker, Friend and Wheeler possibly too expensive but Sercs a possibility ?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Of those, the only one who would possibly add anything to our squad is George Friend and I could see him ending him back with his old mate at Rotherham.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry but no.

We can do better than out of old, out of contract players from Cheltenham.

I think JMT's injury problems would be a potential deal breaker, Friend and Wheeler possibly too expensive but Sercs a possibility ?
Part of me would love to see David Wheeler come back to us - he was one of my favourite players and a thoroughly decent human being.

But in these situations we need our heads to rule our hearts. We should be aiming to do better with our limited resources. Wheeler, JMT, Friend, etc would all command a high wage.

Exehausted

Sorry but no.

We can do better than out of old, out of contract players from Cheltenham.
I would see Sercs in the Kevin role, someone who can control a game and help stabilise our midfield. He doesn't suffer much from injuries unlike JMT and I'm sure he won't be too expensive. The money we have so far spent on Harper alone has been a complete waste in my view. Cheltenham are now close to us on much smaller crowds apparently so I wouldn't write anyone off because they come from a so called lesser club.

tonykellowfan

Don't forget that GC doesn't know any of these ex-players so why is he going to be considering them?

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pass