• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Former Players

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
There's a surprising number of ex City players that pop up as pundits. As well as Mackie, There's Clinton Morrison, Sam Parkin, Don Goodman and Adam Virgo.
Clinton in particular has more than one employer working for ITV, BBC and Sky.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
and at Kings Lynn Paul Jones and Cameron Hargreaves were subs (Jones unused, Hargeaves played 30 minutes) as Kings Lynn lost 1-4 to Kidderminster Harriers .Love a 1-4 away win in a play off semi final, me!.

Kings Lynn having finished with 93 points, some twenty four, yes 24, points ahead of Harriers, but miss out on promotion.

Paul Jones had been first choice until a very nasty hand injury earlier in the season. Its a long time since Inglethorpe brought him in as a teenager to keep goal for City.
and against of all teams Sir Alex’s Man Utd team

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
and against of all teams Sir Alex’s Man Utd team
Shirley his first appearance for us was as a "sub" in an away Conference game and he saved a penalty ?

Rosencrantz

Shirley his first appearance for us was as a "sub" in an away Conference game and he saved a penalty ?
Against Dagenham wasn't it?

grecIAN Harris

Against Dagenham wasn't it?
And his first touch was to save a penalty IIRC or am I getting mixed up with something else????

Last edited:

Colesman Ballz

And his first touch was to save a penalty IIRC or am I getting mixed up with something else????
Our keeper (Rice ?) had just been sent off and conceded a pen and Jonah saved it.

grecIAN Harris

Our keeper (Rice ?) had just been sent off and conceded a pen and Jonah saved it.
That's what I thought......

Martin Weiler

Best wishes in Canada Jamie…..

Ian Tarr

Best wishes in Canada Jamie…..

Bridgy won't like the spelling in that article......

Oldsmobile-88

Bridgy won't like the spelling in that article......
E....Will not 😁