• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gareth Bale

Stelios

The difference is that Bale has not been advocating for a move, but Pogba has said on previous occasions that he does want to. With Pogba it's been an ongoing saga for far too long, very probably instigated by his agent who would stand to gain mucho dinero.
As an MU fan I'd love for him to stay but without all the drama.
It was more the reaction of pundits/media to Bale that wound me up. When it's a moody foreign player in England you get all the usual "Le Sulk", "the game's gone", "bad agents" "foreign players are awkward etc", "they should honour their contract". Yet Bale was talked about like he was some kind of martyr who has 'sacrificed' his career and should now be allowed to do what he wants and how terribly unfair the mean nasty people at Real Madrid have been to him.

He's obvioulsy a class player when fit. I just hate the double standards applied to him and his agents.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
A scapegoat ? For a man in his 20s to accept an offer to play in Madrid for mega bucks and associated privileges, and six years on still be unable to speak the lingo, even at a modest level, is indefensible. Training ground communication would have proved difficult and frustrating for the staff and players, tolerable perhaps for the first couple of seasons but thereafter ? Aloof, at times selfish and arrogant, no team player, who can blame them wanting to get rid.
Since we don't know him personally I think to classify him as aloof, selfish and arrogant is a stretch too far. I have said it was a mistake not to learn Spanish but some people are just not clever enough to do so : Brits are famous for being crap at languages.
The crowd have been on his back for years, as they were with Ronaldo. Maybe he just thought **** 'em. Let's face it, Madrid did not have a stellar year but Bale was still rarely selected.
This has nothing to do with Pogba : the thread title refers to Bale.

elginCity

Since we don't know him personally I think to classify him as aloof, selfish and arrogant is a stretch too far.
I wasn't referring to his personal qualities, apparently he's a good chap.

IndoMike

I heard
I wasn't referring to his personal qualities, apparently he's a good chap.
I heard he was a good bloke, too. The Kant is Ramos, who thinks he is the manager. If your face doesn't fit with him you've got a problem. And that's a FACT.

StroudGrecian

A man with his hair up in a bun is just wrong (n)
Said Al, the second before he was ritually disembowelled by a Samurai warrior.

ntipp1

I can't believe Bale has gone to Spurs! That is a great signing for them.

Alistair20000

I can't believe Bale has gone to Spurs! That is a great signing for them.
Maybe but he is out with a knee injury.

Could be an Ajose signing

Bridgy 81

I wasn’t quite sure where to put this but as he had a significant involvement in the proceedings I thought here was a good as anywhere.
I watched the MLS Cup Final on television yesterday evening between Los Angeles FC and Philadelphia Union.
It’s the game between the two teams who’ve won their respective regionalized league to determine the overall national champion for the season.
For some reason it was played as a one off match at LA FC’s home ground, in front of their very lively supporters.
It ended 2:2 in normal time with LA taking a 2:1 lead in the 83rd minute but Union equalizing in the 85th.
Bale came on in extra time but then saw his team’s keeper sent off in the 116th minute.
A lot of additional time was added as a result of the lengthy treatment the keeper needed following an injury he sustained in the challenge which led to his dismissal.
Union took advantage of their numerical supremacy and scored what looked like the winner in the 124th minute.
But, in typical Roy of the Rovers fashion (or whatever the Welsh equivalent is) Bale scored a great headed goal in the 128th minute of extra time to send the match to penalties.
To top it off LA FC’s substitute keeper who’s from Philadelphia, and used to play for Union, saved two of their first three spot kicks to win the MLS Cup for LA FC and the Man of the Match Award for himself.
Only in America!