• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

DawlishBouy

Oh that old chestnut , multi offers from abroad , probably Scotland which sees city get no compensation. Going down the pond route to force city’s hand 🤷🏻‍♂️
If Josh goes to a foreign club wouldn’t City get a fee based on FIFA’s training compensation and solidarity rules? The fee is decided on the basis of how long a player has been developed by a club and the status of the clubs involved. As the only club involved in his development as player City would get 5% of any transfer he was involved in thereafter to the end of his career.

Agent Andy

If Josh goes to a foreign club wouldn’t City get a fee based on FIFA’s training compensation and solidarity rules? The fee is decided on the basis of how long a player has been developed by a club and the status of the clubs involved. As the only club involved in his development as player City would get 5% of any transfer he was involved in thereafter to the end of his career.
Minimal, we’ve been here before in the pond debate , we need to cash in on Josh in this window

DawlishBouy

Minimal, we’ve been here before in the pond debate , we need to cash in on Josh in this window
Minimal is a liitle bit more than "none" as you first suggested. And the amount would be somewhat more substantial than you were suggesting City would get for Pond from Celtic. As with Pond City will already know how much they would get for Key moving abroad and will make the same judgement call on any imminent offer for Key.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
There are only a handful of clubs in Scotland that would be an upgrade on being at City.

Threatening to move there, in order to force a move, it’s stilla huge gamble.

ecfc_ben

I think we need to keep everyone this window to ensure survival. My one exception is Key, for over £500,000 we should definitely let him go, we have bought in another explosive wing back now albeit on the left hand side. I’m also not convinced about his ‘hamstring injury’ yesterday

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
mmmm...as Agent Andy confirms the tweet about 'multiple offers from abroad for Key' is pretty obviously agent inspired **** designed to undermine City's negotiating position.

Now makes me wonder about the 'not available due to hamstring injury' That wouldn't be Josh Key's doing as (famously) Josh is 'the second nicest bloke in football, after George Friend' (copyright MT). But ....mmmm

Grecian Max

Knew the injury thing was made up, you could tell with GCs body language

We need to get rid of Key for cash, as AA says it’s alarming that Scottish clubs are hovering and is going to be an issue going forward us at this level. One good thing is - for once - being miles away from them means not every player will fancy it.

If we make £500k+ on Key it’s a good deal as he’s managed to chip away at his value by being largely ineffective.

Grecian Max

mmmm...as Agent Andy confirms the tweet about 'multiple offers from abroad for Key' is pretty obviously agent inspired **** designed to undermine City's negotiating position.

Now makes me wonder about the 'not available due to hamstring injury' That wouldn't be Josh Key's doing as (famously) Josh is 'the second nicest bloke in football, after George Friend' (copyright MT). But ....mmmm
Course it’s made up, oh what a coincidence he’s injured in the last game before the window closes 😂

GC has continually used management speak - after MT‘s over sharing everyone believes him

Alistair20000

Knew the injury thing was made up, you could tell with GCs body language

We need to get rid of Key for cash, as AA says it’s alarming that Scottish clubs are hovering and is going to be an issue going forward us at this level. One good thing is - for once - being miles away from them means not every player will fancy it.

If we make £500k+ on Key it’s a good deal as he’s managed to chip away at his value by being largely ineffective.
Local rumour mill is that Josh "The Vicar" is going and his hammy is fine.

Josh has not really kicked on as I thought he might. Head turned last January by the approach from the Club beginning with B.

£500,000 in the bank would be good business.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Either way though we will get compensation for both players which will include a sell on etc. Also I think Ethan Ampadu maybe sold this summer, of which we will get 20% of that. Even at £12m, we would get £2.4m in our bank account. Whilst we cannot rely on that, obviously, We should still have an extra £500,000-£750,000 in the club during the summer. Assuming Nombe doesn't leave

I really see little value in selling now, unless it is literally a massive offer.
"Bank of Chelsea" buy another young defender so Amps transfer more likely.