• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I understand why the transfers are undisclosed and quite frankly don't care either way. My query is why are they very rarely undisclosed in the Premier League?
Load of show offs about how much money they've got.

ryancooper327

Stockley to Fleetwood apparently...

Colesman Ballz

Not a million miles from Preston of course !

manc grecian

Thought they were in for Jack marriot

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I understand why the transfers are undisclosed and quite frankly don't care either way. My query is why are they very rarely undisclosed in the Premier League?
Because money is no object.

Squeezebox

Infraction points for mentioning Kabongo shirley?
Harsh!

StudentGrecian

I don’t actually think many, if any, premier league clubs actually confirm their transfer fees. It’s just journalists who put the fees out there via their sources within the clubs.
Same with us, nobody knows it was 500k for Pond, but based on the word of a few reputable insiders it’s become common knowledge.

andrew p long

Interesting. I've just checked out the latest Premiership big transfer - Anthony Gordon Everton-Newcastle.Being widely reported as £45m, including on the BBC Sport website. But the Newcastle United club website says.....wait for it....an undisclosed fee.

So what happens with Gordon - and most Prem transfers - is that a figure gets reported by journalists so that that figure (whether plucked out of thin air, or guided by hints from agents/the clubs) seems to become fact (rather like some Exeweb rumours!)

angelic upstart

They make the figures up in the PL most of the time. Haaland's transfer (as one example) was whatever the release clause was, officially. They've overlooked the 42 mill to his agent and 25 mill they chucked his dad. This works in City's favour for this transfer, for others they'll inflate it so it looks better "in the books" see Chelsea's recent transfers for further details.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don’t actually think many, if any, premier league clubs actually confirm their transfer fees. It’s just journalists who put the fees out there via their sources within the clubs.
Same with us, nobody knows it was 500k for Pond, but based on the word of a few reputable insiders it’s become common knowledge.
A good recent example of this is Newcastle signing Anthony Gordon. Newcastle have announced it as an undisclosed fee but it's fairly common knowledge that the fee is £40m + add ons.

*Just seen I've been beaten to it by Andrew.