• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think we often underestimate Archie and take him for granted.
He plays in a system with wingbacks which leaves him outnumbered in centre midfield. At 23 he's played 200 games and often (take today for example) is the senior midfielder in a very inexperienced three.
He has a wonderful engine, can tackle, is a decent passer and scores goals (5 this season, I think).
Add to this, he seems sensible, has no obvious vices and is a dedicated team man.

On the downside, his interview technique needs some polishing.
How can you be outnumber with a three man central midfield???

ryancooper327

Sounds like incoming(s) fairly swiftly judging by GCs post match presser. Stressing the additions rather than outgoings.
…any rumours?!

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
…any rumours?!
JS

I am not at liberty to say more

Grecianpasty

A back up keeper is a must. We really need Lee playing games on loan.

I think Pond is a distinct possibility, all depending on what percentage wolves are willing to accept for his wages.

I've mentioned the left back position here, but a winger is essential. I certainly like the idea of young Celtic target. Again, that will all depend on the Coley situation, and whether he stays at Harrogate for the remainder of the season (noticing he wasn't in their squad today).

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Caldwell mentioned in the latest interview that he might have a couple of his targets in by the FG match at the latest.Obviously wants to get some business out of the way while there are no matches.Transfer window nevers goes to plan.

wiveygrecian

I think Pond is a distinct possibility, all depending on what percentage wolves are willing to accept for his wages.

I've mentioned the left back position here, but a winger is essential. I certainly like the idea of young Celtic target. Again, that will all depend on the Coley situation, and whether he stays at Harrogate for the remainder of the season (noticing he wasn't in their squad today).
Josh Coley has a groin injury so missed todays match

Cowshed Grecian

I hope we don’t sign Pond to be honest, we would effectively be developing someone else’s player-I don’t think he is what we need at CB at all right now. Also I’d question Coley at L1 level, seems to be finding hard enough to establish himself at L2 level by all accounts.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Three players minimum for me. Another CB, a deep lying playmaker in midfield, another physical presence up front. A LB/LWB would be a bonus.

ryancooper327

I'm guessing:
  • GK (unless Lee stays)
  • CB x 2 (2 if Grounds goes)
  • CM (deep lying type)
  • LWB (backup/push Sparkes)
...and Harper going back to Ipswich and Grounds leaving (current rumour) with us keeping everyone else!

Cowshed Grecian

I'm guessing:
  • GK (unless Lee stays)
  • CB x 2 (2 if Grounds goes)
  • CM (deep lying type)
  • LWB (backup/push Sparkes)
...and Harper going back to Ipswich and Grounds leaving (current rumour) with us keeping everyone else!
Is there actually any truth in Harper going back? Can you actually cut short a season long loan I wouldn’t of thought Ipswich would want him back! Grounds legs have gone, whether he stays or goes we require 2 more CBs for sure and we should have signed 2 in the summer! Not signed Grounds back on…only criticism I have about MT/the board. Squad depth at CB has been poor especially as we play a system with three CBs!