• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

ryancooper327

Is there actually any truth in Harper going back? Can you actually cut short a season long loan I wouldn’t of thought Ipswich would want him back! Grounds legs have gone, whether he stays or goes we require 2 more CBs for sure and we should have signed 2 in the summer! Not signed Grounds back on…only criticism I have about MT/the board. Squad depth at CB has been poor especially as we play a system with three CBs!
Just putting 2 + 2 together in true Exeweb fashion, he hasn't played under GC and was left out of the squad today.

Grecianpasty

Is there actually any truth in Harper going back? Can you actually cut short a season long loan I wouldn’t of thought Ipswich would want him back! Grounds legs have gone, whether he stays or goes we require 2 more CBs for sure and we should have signed 2 in the summer! Not signed Grounds back on…only criticism I have about MT/the board. Squad depth at CB has been poor especially as we play a system with three CBs!
With the Harper situation my understanding is Ipswich can recall and we can cancel the loan in January. I expect him to leave.

The grounds situation is an interesting one. If he's been given the opportunity to go elsewhere, it would be a win win for both parties.

With those two players possibly leaving the club, and Smith having already left, I fully expect us to bring in 3 or 4 players, if not more.

It's going to be an exciting couple weeks.

Ash

JS

I am not at liberty to say more
Stockley would be a great signing!

Cowshed Grecian

You never know Fingers crossed. That would be an unreal strikeforce!

Bridgy 81

If his contract at Charlton was nearly up it might be a possibility but as he’s got 18 months left I think the only chance would be a loan until the end of the season, if we could reach a reasonable agreement to pay a proportion of his wages until May.
I’d be in favour of that!

SaintJames

If his contract at Charlton was nearly up it might be a possibility but as he’s got 18 months left I think the only chance would be a loan until the end of the season, if we could reach a reasonable agreement to pay a proportion of his wages until May.
I’d be in favour of that!
There would be several in the queue ahead of us I suspect not least one club in South Yorkshire

Boyo

With the Harper situation my understanding is Ipswich can recall and we can cancel the loan in January. I expect him to leave.

The grounds situation is an interesting one. If he's been given the opportunity to go elsewhere, it would be a win win for both parties.

With those two players possibly leaving the club, and Smith having already left, I fully expect us to bring in 3 or 4 players, if not more.

It's going to be an exciting couple weeks.
Agree re. Harper. I believe he’s costing us a significant wage so it feels an easy decision to make.

I can’t see anyone being interested in Grounds. Certainly no one who would match his current L1 wage. I think he has potential as a coach, so if GC sees him in that role, I expect him to stay.

Another CB, and a striker who is strong in the air are the priorities IMO.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
The other thing is how other clubs see him. We all think he is playing wonderfully this season, no doubt he is, but has he really shone out above anybody we've played against where he looks a class apart? I'd suggest not really.
Barnsley? We won 2-0 at their place. Archie played all 95 minutes and Barnsley were subbing all their midfielders

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
John Stones would be more like it

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
There would be several in the queue ahead of us I suspect not least one club in South Yorkshire
However much we all love Stockley I can't see him being a championship striker or Taylor thinking he's a solution for them.

He'd be a great signing for us but I suspect a bigger league one side with more resources will snatch in ahead