• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We need to strengthen at the back it’s as simple as that. We’ve not been good enough, it’s not just the injuries we’ve had. I’m not naming names whom needs replacing/upgrading…cause people will lose their sh*t on here 😂…No sentiment in football though, and I’m sure Caldwell has no favourites as yet.
Yes, we haven't defended well at times but we are still in the top half of League One which is way beyond most people's expectations at the start of the season.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Every time I hear Caldwell talking about the January transfer window he certainly comes across more confident about landing “quality“ targets than MT ever did…I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.

manc grecian

Every time I hear Caldwell talking about the January transfer window he certainly comes across more confident about landing “quality“ targets than MT ever did…I guess we’ll just have to wait and see.
Matt Taylor never recovered from the grief he got over his marquee signings. Couldn't win.

Red Devon

Matt Taylor never recovered from the grief he got over his marquee signings. Couldn't win.
True…equally no bottom of the food chain talk as yet from GC either.

jimbo-gould

Where do we think Archie will be off to then? If he wanted to stay he would have already signed rather than that news article. Therefore makes sense to cash in now…
Predicting he will be in red-and-white for the foreseeable future.

hoping we have a fair amount of money to improve the squad if Harper is off, plus Smith leaving early and the Pond deal.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm not sure if I am heading for a whoosh here but those marquee signings ended up getting City promoted. That phrase was perhaps unhelpful, if only because it was never very clear what a marquee signing actually is. However, that interview was one of the most impressive examples of talking the talk then walking the walk I've ever seen - in effect, publicly stating that he had been given a bigger budget and expected to see a big improvement in our league position the next season.

ralph

I'm not sure if I am heading for a whoosh here but those marquee signings ended up getting City promoted. That phrase was perhaps unhelpful, if only because it was never very clear what a marquee signing actually is. However, that interview was one of the most impressive examples of talking the talk then walking the walk I've ever seen - in effect, publicly stating that he had been given a bigger budget and expected to see a big improvement in our league position the next season.
And he never used the phrase "marquee signing"((c) Exeweb)

iscalad

And he never used the phrase "marquee signing"((c) Exeweb)
Oh yes he did......in 2021🤨

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster

ralph

Oh yes he did......in 2021🤨
My mistake.