• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

I think I’m right in saying that since August 2021 we’ve only sigNed 1 player, Jamal Blackman on a permanent deal. I stand to be corrected. G C suggested we’d Be strengthening the squad with no-one expected to leave. Let’s hope this changes in the next couple of weeks.

Simba3011

Caldwell and his new assistants left Wigan six years ago. Seems an unlikely source of players. Agent Andy’s suggestion of players coming from Celtic sounds more realistic
Maybe someone from GC's promotion winning team?

JCWhoosh

Go on. Be honest. How many times have people refreshed this discussion topic on the hope that any signings are iminent. I must be on 347 by now

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Go on. Be honest. How many times have people refreshed this discussion topic on the hope that any signings are iminent. I must be on 347 by now
I've barely done an hours work since the turn of the year, exeweb will cost me my livelihood.

Leads

I think I’m right in saying that since August 2021 we’ve only sigNed 1 player, Jamal Blackman on a permanent deal. I stand to be corrected. G C suggested we’d Be strengthening the squad with no-one expected to leave. Let’s hope this changes in the next couple of weeks.
That's a crazy statistic all things considered and is in part due to how hard it is to attract players here. I don't want to keep on banging this drum, but I think Caldwell will find it harder than he envisaged to convince players to come for what we are able to offer them.

Leads

I've barely done an hours work since the turn of the year, exeweb will cost me my livelihood.
If the worst happens, I'm sure Morrisons will have you back :)

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's a crazy statistic all things considered and is in part due to how hard it is to attract players here. I don't want to keep on banging this drum, but I think Caldwell will find it harder than he envisaged to convince players to come for what we are able to offer them.
Just as MT did - sadly that lot 40 mileish W don't seem to have similar problem but guess money talks.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Just as MT did - sadly that lot 40 mileish W don't seem to have similar problem but guess money talks.
They have also spent close to, if not more than a million in transfer fees this January. Something we will never be able to do. The financial disparity in League One amongst clubs is probably as big as it has ever been. Shows just how well we are doing to be around mid table with such a young squad.

Hopefully we can come out of January fairly positivity and if we can hold on to everyone else in the squad and add a bit more quality we will have done ok.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought that suggestion was a joke, not a true sighting (though I may be wrong about that)
Remember the days when the Maestro said players are allegedly asking to come and play for us.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
One player that we were linked with Alfie Kilgour has just left Bristol Rovers and signed for Mansfield. I'm not so sure that we ever had any real interest in this one though.