• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

Boyo

I would also use monies to try (Try being the operative word) Brown, Collins, Key etc. down to longer term deals.
Brown and Collins are good enough to play at the top end of L1 or lower/mid table in the Championship. They'll be offered contracts worth considerably more than we're able to pay, so they'll probably be off.

Collins will still be under 24 when his contract expires so we'll be entitled to compensation. Brown won't, so we'll get nothing. The big question is IF someone bids for him in the January window do we let him go? How big would the bid need to be?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Brown and Collins are good enough to play at the top end of L1 or lower/mid table in the Championship. They'll be offered contracts worth considerably more than we're able to pay, so they'll probably be off.

Collins will still be under 24 when his contract expires so we'll be entitled to compensation. Brown won't, so we'll get nothing. The big question is IF someone bids for him in the January window do we let him go? How big would the bid need to be?
Of course. Hence the big if comment.

But with regards to Collins the compensation only comes in assuming we offer him a deal of the same or higher. I Would imagine we have at the very least left a deal on the table for him.

tonykellowfan

The sad part about Collins is that I could easily see him going back to L2, as plenty of L2 clubs will be able to offer him much better wages.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
The sad part about Collins is that I could easily see him going back to L2, as plenty of L2 clubs will be able to offer him much better wages.
I doubt he'll need to drop to league 2. At worse a bigger league one side will come in

Cowshed Grecian

Collins is a local lad, do we actually know he would want to chase the money and leave? He might be very happy here.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Collins is a local lad, do we actually know he would want to chase the money and leave? He might be very happy here.
I hope so
UTC

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's not about money, it's about career progression. Anyone would take a superior offer as long as it ticks most boxes.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
He hasn't signed a new contract beyond the end of this season yet, which probably answers your question.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's not about money, it's about career progression. Anyone would take a superior offer as long as it ticks most boxes.
Yes, career progression is key. There's not much point in Josh or Archie taking the cash and ending up like Kane Wilson, who has yet to start a league game for Bristol City. Jevani is maybe different as it's probably his last chance for a big pay day.

tonykellowfan

If Salford, Mansfield or Bradford came in for Collins with enough money I could see him going there.

• Haha
Reactions: Ash