• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just a thought. Coley replaces MJ. Joe White to replace Dieng. Both to start on the bench. Will it makes us weaker time will tell. That’s football players come players go Supporters remain. Apparently Matty Pollock (Watford) at trading ground yesterday

Rumours out there about him. Seems a highly rated defender.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster

Rumours out there about him. Seems a highly rated defender.
Looks a bit like a young GC :)

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just a thought. Coley replaces MJ. Joe White to replace Dieng. Both to start on the bench. Will it makes us weaker time will tell. That’s football players come players go Supporters remain. Apparently Matty Pollock (Watford) at trading ground yesterday
Random fact is that Pollock and Hartridge both made their league debuts in the same game.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well if Matty Pollock was at the training ground yesterday then you’d hope it’s close to being done.

Remember him coming through at Grimsby and he was very well thought of there and seems to have had a successful loan at Cheltenham in L1 last season. Hopefully this one has legs.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Well if Matty Pollock was at the training ground yesterday then you’d hope it’s close to being done.

Remember him coming through at Grimsby and he was very well thought of there and seems to have had a successful loan at Cheltenham in L1 last season. Hopefully this one has legs.
Sounds a bit fishy to me.

Would be a nice surprise to beat the likes of Wednesday and Blackpool to his signature. But given he has signed a deal up to 2026! surely this could only be a loan deal

Last edited:

jimmy

Would be a nice surprise to beat the likes of Wednesday and Blackpool to his signature. But given he has signed a deal up to 2026! surely this could only be a loan deal
If Watford don't want to sell and we can 'guarantee' game time, then a loan move to us might be the best move for all at the moment.

robchave

The article says:
"The Hornets are happy to loan out Pollock before the close of the transfer window so that he can continue his development with regular first-team football."

Too high up the food-chain for us to be thinking of a permanent signing.

SaintJames

The author of that article is Pete O'Rourke who many will know is normally spot on the money when he talks about 'sources'. If he is saying Sheff Wed are leading the way then it looks ominous. I think the only/better trump card we have is if Gary can promise him to be a regular starter but Wed (and others) are looking at cover? Otherwise I cant see it. He may of course have gone to the training grounds of a couple of other clubs to listen to the respective gaffer?

Boyo

The article says:
"The Hornets are happy to loan out Pollock before the close of the transfer window so that he can continue his development with regular first-team football."

Too high up the food-chain for us to be thinking of a permanent signing.
I know Pollock is a CB but does anyone know whether he's left or right footed?

For me Sweeney and Hartridge have been immense this season. Diabate always makes me a little nervous but the potential there is huge and he needs to play to reach his potential. Who would we drop to give a loan player a development opportunity?

Grecian_Matt

I know Pollock is a CB but does anyone know whether he's left or right footed?

For me Sweeney and Hartridge have been immense this season. Diabate always makes me a little nervous but the potential there is huge and he needs to play to reach his potential. Who would we drop to give a loan player a development opportunity?
Diabate - Whenever I see him play he either looks World Class or a complete liability and much more often the later.