• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gary's January Transfer Window

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Talk of the Championship is just bonkers. We need to establish ourselves as a league 1 club first.
I would rather we established ourselves first like you, but it isn't bonkers and could be a possibility particularly if we build up some momentum this month.

DawlishBouy

Peterborough sign Kabongo Tshimanga on loan and will buy him in the summer.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Peterborough sign Kabongo Tshimanga on loan and will buy him in the summer.
Well so much for that perennial rumour, at least for the current window ! :)

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
No news is good news as far as I'm concerned

andrew p long

Its the transfer window. Every six months there are numerous rumours and articles and the vast majority are not true or don't materialise. The difference is that this time we seem to be much more heavily involved than normal.
and the articles say that clubs are interested, not that a deal is definitely being done.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well so much for that perennial rumour, at least for the current window ! :)
It's only been seven and a half years since it was first suggested on here he might sign for us.

andrew p long

Some Scott goals. Looks like he can compete in the air but also a bit of a footballer too. The Smith replacement.

I like the option tbh of having a player like this, hopefully to use with Nombe sometimes rather than a replacement
Yikes , there's some quality in those goals!

Grecian_Matt

There has been very little news today.
TBH I only thought Key would leave, but there has been no news on that at the moment.
I wouldn't take any amount for JB, unless the offer was £1M.. Without him we would slide pretty quickly down the table.
Least with him going in the summer we can prepare and try and find a pretty decent close replacement.

Memphis09

Jev is the only one who can leave in the summer for zero. Sam will have 12 months left, whilst Key and Archie are under 24, so we'd get compensation.

If we can get a 4-5 hundred grand now for Jev, I think we should take it. My guess is that the money would be used to sign the lad from Hull on a 2.5 year deal.
Would just offer brown three year deal on as much money as can afford
Maybe we already have may be he has turned it down in that case sell for as much money as we can get
Still don’t want him to go though

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Would just offer brown three year deal on as much money as can afford
Maybe we already have may be he has turned it down in that case sell for as much money as we can get
Still don’t want him to go though
Brown, along with Collins and Key have all been offered much improved new deals. The club have done as much as they can to get them to sign, but ultimately I am sure they can earn a lot more elsewhere. I'd be surprised if any of them re-signed, but in GC we trust!