• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

GB News.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Problem i have with online news is their obvious agenda, Be it left or right, They don't deal in facts per say, just opinions and have people on that agree with that so you get a audience that only agrees with you and i think Ofcom does not reach online content yet but not 100% sure. You can have a "Saddo" in their bedroom, use a bit of CGI to get a background to look like a busy newsroom to give the impression of "Legitimacy" when in truth they are of the tin foil hat brigade spouting off untruths.

I can agree that the TV companies going after a younger audience in the main is turning off those that actually watch TV, ie older viewers, Soaps are a prime example, Get the main story lines involve only younger cast members and some of the story lines are ridiculous, older viewers will turn off and you only have to look at the viewing figures to prove my point. As isca says C5 do some great documentaries but also great dramas, Other than that awful one set on a cruise ship, They have as you say bucked the trend a bit.
Oh dear, I sort if liked the cruise ship murder series....

DB9

You mean a bit like this thread (now that Tavy is on soujourn)? Sometimes I'll come back after a few days off feeling I've just landed in a left wing echo chamber. I see art's even back to his Gruan cut/pasting. 🤷‍♂️
You have to stay to fight your corner if you actually believe what you're writing. Tavy left because for some reason he couldn't see what he said was probably unacceptable. As for a "Left Wing Echo Chamber" You are wrong, We all have different opinions, Your opinions are not shut down or deleted, Unless they cross a line, that is the right of the Mods/Owners of Exeweb Also i'm afraid the majority on here, probably like in all opinion polls are not die in the wool Government of the day supporters. You'd be better off staying on here and arguing the toss if you honestly believe in what you're saying.

Last edited:

DB9

Oh dear, I sort if liked the cruise ship murder series....
If the acting was anymore hammy it would have oinked! :)

Mr Jinx

C5 have been producing some excellent documentaries recently.
In addition, they don't operate box ticking policies unlike their counterparts the BBC, C4 & ITV.

DB9

You mean a bit like this thread (now that Tavy is on soujourn)? Sometimes I'll come back after a few days off feeling I've just landed in a left wing echo chamber. I see art's even back to his Gruan cut/pasting. 🤷‍♂️

arthur

GB News' losses highlight the fact that the Channel is not designed to make money as almost all commercial media operations are. It is simply the mouthpiece of Hedge fund millionaire Paul Marshall for whom the channel is a means by which he can help steer the Conservative Party in the direction he wants.

The fact that only Tory/Reform voters watch it suits him fine - they are the people he is seeking to influence. Nothing else matters - commercial viability, a reputation as a source of good quality, unbiased news reporting, Ofcom approval - all these are of no consequence whatever.

Next stop the Daily Telegraph. I'm not sure Alistair will approve

Grecian2K

Next stop the Daily Telegraph. I'm not sure Alistair will approve
Although it has already been long reported that the owners of the Daily Heil have been sniffing around with brown envelopes full of (Saudi Backed?) "Doddies" in their own attempts for full right-ring hegemony (or should that he "hedge money")
What ever transpires I love a bit of "blue on blue"... or should that be purple on purple? Either way, time for 🍿🍿🍿
(As long as the bitter loser doesn't turn their attention to my beloved Guardian)