• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Goal keeper required (Jökull Andrésson signs!)for Morecambe and back for Exeter! Signs for Stevenage

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
He really does, which is why we’ve taken him to our hearts.
Let’s be honest here, this a play for a move, in the knowledge we are unlikely to have an experienced no 1 at the beginning of July.

He didn’t have saves to make yesterday, but his kicking was not great, and he was very sloppy dropping a high ball under no pressure. Had MK not given up by that point, and actually followed up the ball, it could have been a big problem.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Like I've said before. He's very good at telling people what they want to hear, which to some makes up for his inadequacies. Would I want him permanently next season? No thankyou.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I tend to agree, I don’t look at it *quite* so cynically in that I believe he does has an affinity with the club. However I think GC is sensible enough to know he’s probably not quite to standard.

That said he’s still only 21 which underlines how young he was when with us. Having him and Lee battling it out for the no.1 jersey doesn’t sound a terrible idea - at some point Lee is going have to make a play for the spot and Jokul would make for an interesting battle whereas clearly Blackman is head and shoulders above them (literally)

DB9

I tend to agree, I don’t look at it *quite* so cynically in that I believe he does has an affinity with the club. However I think GC is sensible enough to know he’s probably not quite to standard.

That said he’s still only 21 which underlines how young he was when with us. Having him and Lee battling it out for the no.1 jersey doesn’t sound a terrible idea - at some point Lee is going have to make a play for the spot and Jokul would make for an interesting battle whereas clearly Blackman is head and shoulders above them (literally)
I quite like Jokull he did a decent job in L2 for us, Whether he's ready to step up a league on a permenat basis remains to be seen, As for Lee, If he's as good as some say there is a likely scenario that he won't play a big part for the first team as he'll get snapped up by a bigger club, Its what happen's to club's like ours, Yep we can make a few quid, sell on fees etc but it could leave us short if like some say Blackman will be on his way come summer.

Mr Jinx

Wasn't there today. Did he have much to do?
Not really. The sitters they had weren't saved as such.

suffolklad

Not really. The sitters they had weren't saved as such.
You could argue that he did enough to put them off and miss the target!

Colesman Ballz

The biggest threats to our goal came on the occasions when a player was put through on goal. Each time Jokull was quick off his line to challenge, shutting down the angles and the player subsequently shooting wide. OK so that wasn't making spectacular saves but it certainly was "effective keeping".

C j phill

I think Jokull has the potential to be a good keeper, but the thing that surprised me yesterday was that his kicking doesn't appear to have improved in the seasons since he was last with us.

I'm amazed that whoever has been coaching him during this period hasn't sorted it out. If it remains a problem, his career may not progress to the level he would hope. Having central defenders taking goal kicks is a hindrance that professional clubs will not accept.

Andy_H

I think Jokull has the potential to be a good keeper, but the thing that surprised me yesterday was that his kicking doesn't appear to have improved in the seasons since he was last with us.

I'm amazed that whoever has been coaching him during this period hasn't sorted it out. If it remains a problem, his career may not progress to the level he would hope. Having central defenders taking goal kicks is a hindrance that professional clubs will not accept.
If he returns to Reading then it's of no consequence to us, however if his loan extends then it certainly gives Kev something urgent to work on during the week.

andrew p long

is he (slightly) injured?