• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Gordon Sparks

TOP_CITY_FAN

Rest in peace, Sparksy.

You'll be missed by thousands.
Thoughts go out to his family and friends.

felix

Although overtly and passionately a member of the Green Army he always, I felt, gave City due respect. Above all, he was a really nice, and interesting, man. He loved his football (including American, Cleveland Browns), his punk music, his County. He was also a great broadcaster with a lovely Devon accent. There is a beautiful "last" photo on his Twitter. Love and thoughts to his family.

drake

Awesome words TCF and Felix!
It's lovely to see fans and other clubs acknowledge him for who he really was, A great football bloke and proud Devonian
It is a very sad day indeed.
I hope you all and many other exeweb posters are all keeping well

Such sad news; seemed such a genuinely nice bloke and will be sorely missed.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I genuinely hope the club next Saturday do something like a minutes applause for Sparks

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
As I said on another thread when we heard he was ill, Sparksy was the sort of commentator whose passion for argyle wound you up if you supported City, but endeared him to you if you supported argyle.

He was a football man through and through and, rivalry aside, I loved his energy and passion and would have loved him if he was City.

RIP to a good man and a great commentator.

Oldsmobile-88

There is a beautiful "last" photo on his Twitter. Love and thoughts to his family.
Indeed...I’m not usually pleased about a Argyle win, Glad they won for him yesterday. Sparksy heard the chanting of his name at MK via Radio Devon, giving a thumbs up as the goals went in. A fitting sign off.

BAA4D467-FF17-4B2C-8309-D80E565ADF71.jpeg

tavyred

RIP Pilgrim.

haka

Condolences to his family.

The story of his last days in the hospice has been very moving.

eurogrecian

An accent you could cut with a knife and a proper football fan and no mistake.
Annoyed me like hell (of course), but we could do with more people with his sort of pride and passion.